E campastratus help

cjp518

Arachnopeon
OK so I'm a college student and I got my first sling over the summer. It's an E campastratus. Cute little guy. I just came home from college and he is looking super stressed out. When I got him he had a black spot on his rear which has slowly gotten larger and it's demeanor has changed significantly all its done was sit in its hole which I hear is normal for these T's. However I just did some enclosure cleaning and when I got him out he's just sitting in what looks like death curl and not moving. It's not just a stress curl I can tell that much I'm worried about it. Also does anyone have any recommendations on food for this little guy? The pet store that I was getting crickets from for him closed down and I've been struggling to get food for him (it just ate 3 days ago so I know this curl is not a result of hunger).

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
OK so I'm a college student and I got my first sling over the summer. It's an E campastratus. Cute little guy. I just came home from college and he is looking super stressed out. When I got him he had a black spot on his rear which has slowly gotten larger and it's demeanor has changed significantly all its done was sit in its hole which I hear is normal for these T's. However I just did some enclosure cleaning and when I got him out he's just sitting in what looks like death curl and not moving. It's not just a stress curl I can tell that much I'm worried about it. Also does anyone have any recommendations on food for this little guy? The pet store that I was getting crickets from for him closed down and I've been struggling to get food for him (it just ate 3 days ago so I know this curl is not a result of hunger).
Why did you clean his enclosure? They only need cleaned once every 6months, even for dirty Aboreals. Cleaning can stress out a T in pre-molt.
Lack of water or stress, slings need enough substrate to burrow and feel safe. Ts survive in wild often by burrowing, Buy him food online or switch to roaches if your LPS shut down. B lats are good for slings, Discoid for big Ts. Even weak True spiders can eat a T, if the T does not dig a burrow to secure its home and get bigger. Size is a big advantage in the wilderness.

cjp518

Arachnopeon
He's not in pre molt he actually hasn't molted at all since I got him and he's not showing any signs, he's still accepting food, no black shiny abdomen, ect. I cleaned the enclosure because stuff got all knocked around in the car on the trip home, not really a cleaning more of a tidying I guess to keep him safe. His symptoms and demeanor were before the trip. What I'm worried about is the black spot, could it have some sort of disease? Because it has not gone away and it's not a bald spot or a patch of urts. He's 2 small to post a picture of it but I can draw a fairly accurate picture and post it if that will help