Ebony earth tiger (Selenocosmia sp.)*

PieEaterUK

Arachnopeon
My pet hole has been out more off late to my surprise. Not really seen him since I rescued the guy after a cave in and he webbed himself in what I can only describe an a cocoon. I'm wondering if anyone else has one and noticed a behaviour change once they get larger as he seems to be more inclined to be out more than stay in the safety of his labyrinth and new holes have appeared. At a guess he will be about 2" and in a 10"x6" tub full off sub and a inch and a half off space at the top.

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
My pet hole has been out more off late to my surprise. Not really seen him since I rescued the guy after a cave in and he webbed himself in what I can only describe an a cocoon. I'm wondering if anyone else has one and noticed a behaviour change once they get larger as he seems to be more inclined to be out more than stay in the safety of his labyrinth and new holes have appeared. At a guess he will be about 2" and in a 10"x6" tub full off sub and a inch and a half off space at the top.
I have Selenocosmia peerboomi and samarae both at 5" females. Not sure with S.samarae if they have been reclassified as Orphnaecus sp. Samar though. But I have noticed that their genus is quite out and about than most obligate OW webbers/burrowers. Just a heads up, do not overfeed it once it reaches sub-adult size. Their abdomen should not exceed their carapace size to avoid molting issues from my experience

PieEaterUK

Arachnopeon
Thanks for that pal. To be honest if anything I have not been feeding him enough as only this week noticed his size, had him about 6 month from sling and this is the first time he has been out. Maybe re-house him soon to give some more floor space like my c.marsheli.