Breeding Brachypelma albiceps

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tonight I bred my female albiceps. It was a successful pairing, and the female was very aggressive towards the male. He slowly approach without her tapping back at all, and when he finally touched her, she tried to grab him. The male didn't back off and stuff his ground. He held her back while he got his legs in position. The male was able to get a successful insertion. Once he tried to get away, the female continued to pull him back in so he could escape.

-Jose

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Good news this is a Brachy species I would like to see more common in the hobby, I need some someday. I would buy in bulk if I got wholesale price :).

MY A anax texas tan needs bred also, but no one has any males :(:cry: It is the american version of this mexican spider.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Tonight I bred my female albiceps... the female was very aggressive towards the male.
Ironic when you think that P murinus are tolerant and gentle with males. Once with a pairing of murinus, I put a male in a female's cage; he immediately panicked and ran...right into the female. She didn't react, stayed calm, and they bred. Had I touched that female with my finger, I've had gotten nailed. Had a similar thing happen with L violaceopes; the male blindly sprinted around the cage and stopped, under the cork slab, directly under the female, touching her. She didn't react.

On the other hand, I had a B vagans female sink her fangs thru a male's carapace right after insertion. Why are some of those docile NW terrestrials so hard on males?

Great contrasting colors on albiceps. I'm assuming a fairly big sac.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ironic when you think that P murinus are tolerant and gentle with males. Once with a pairing of murinus, I put a male in a female's cage; he immediately panicked and ran...right into the female. She didn't react, stayed calm, and they bred. Had I touched that female with my finger, I've had gotten nailed. Had a similar thing happen with L violaceopes; the male blindly sprinted around the cage and stopped, under the cork slab, directly under the female, touching her. She didn't react.

On the other hand, I had a B vagans female sink her fangs thru a male's carapace right after insertion. Why are some of those docile NW terrestrials so hard on males?

Great contrasting colors on albiceps. I'm assuming a fairly big sac.
I never had a Brachypelma vagans female attack the male, every time I mated that species it always went smoothly. But that been said I have been bitten before by a female Brachypelma vagans. Figure that one out.....

Jose

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I hate the use of the word "bred" when it is just a pairing. To me, bred is past tense and means already have successfully bred or hatched.

Good luck with the pairing! It would be nice to see more US breeders produce Brachypelma other than B. vagans and B. albopilosum. :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I hate the use of the word "bred" when it is just a pairing. To me, bred is past tense and means already have successfully bred or hatched.

Good luck with the pairing! It would be nice to see more US breeders produce Brachypelma other than B. vagans and B. albopilosum. :)
And smithi. Cant forget the occasional boehmeis.. xD but agreed on the "bred" on Ts....

and now ill shut up just wanted to add $0.02 xD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

You got to give me credit I did say successful pairing after using the word bred. I'm so use to writing "bred" all the time that it just automatically gets written this way. I'm not use to writing the word "pairing" when it comes to tarantulas.

Jose

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is a species that we need more of, like klaasi. The females get to be quite bulky, which I love in NW Terrestrials, and this species color contrast is one of the best for NW Terrestrials I think.