Ever see this?

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My P ornata molted last night and I discovered this. It started off as a white gut colored goo and darkened as it dried. My question to ya'll is if you've seen this, what happened...? IMG_1559.jpg IMG_1560.jpg

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A tear during molt, keep a watch on it....I have had this happen and it dried up and fell off.

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
I have never seen it but I am interested in what happens...

So... Free Bump...

I hope your T makes it without any problems.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
On the bright side you have a female! Give her a few extra days to harden and Feed her smaller pray items for a few weeks and pull the back legs off any crix you feed her to minimalize any further damage. Good luck

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Yup, I've seen it once on my GBB and once on my P. regalis after a bad molt. With the GBB it was on the underside of its third right leg on the first segment, on the regalis there were two or three bumps on two different legs and one on her right booklung closest to her carapace. The GBB bounced back just fine - it molted again recently and the bump is gone. The regalis didn't make it.

Like 2bears said, keep an eye on her, but based on the fact that you've said it has dried she'll probably be fine.

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for asking. The thing on her abdomen dried an darkened up - still there. She's about 7" and I have fed her 2 crickets. She acts a little weak compared to my other adult pokies though, she'll hang limply by 2 claws or draw herself up for days. I'll put up some new photos of her little bump. Thanks again.