New Enclosures.

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know alot of you hate me and I understand but I just wanted to show everyone my new enclosures I got for my Rose and Versicolor. Rose is the big guy. The versi is tiny in the 10 gallon. Can you spot him?

Pictures kinda suck but bare with me.

Attachments

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
Wow, I can see you have put a lot of effort into making homes for your spiders. They both look wonderful. I especially like the stairs in G. rosea's home.

JPost

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very cool looking bro! That 10 gallon looks HUGE with the little versi in it LOL! The stairway owns... {D

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thx guys. All the needs I got for about 80 bucks and its worth it. The stairway one is made by LEE's Aquarium and pet supplies and its called Herp Habitat. Its pretty cool and good size aswell. I just handled my Rose for the 1st time!! :} Im over my fear now I think.
The Versi is running around everywhere and the rose is exploring also.

Manson: I dont think it is supposed to be a pot plant but it does have 7 leaves on it lol {D

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The rosea looks like it's visiting some kind of tarantula theme park.

The versi looks tiny in it's tank too. You've put some nice effort into the decor. Is that some kind of miniature jungle pot shrine on the versi's tank? Far out!

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
LOL No those aren't pot plants, its zoomed or one of those company's fake vines. I saw them at petsmart a few weeks ago and nearly did a doubletake at the fact that someone didnt have a problem marketing a product that looked like that :D

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice job! I'd feel very at home if I were a T in one of those set ups :D

I know alot of you hate me and I understand
Hate you? Why would you say that? :?

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just about the whole picture thing. Its over now I guess but its kinda embarassing. :eek:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
I wonder if that rosea is a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold :?

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The petshop said it was a Male. Im guessing they are right but we all know how petshops are.

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a concern. My Versi is making itself right at home but the rose has been wandering around since I put him in there. Its like he cant find his hiding hole on the top part. Is this something to worry about or no? Hes streteched out walking around so he doesnt seem scared or anything but kinda like hes exploring. What should I do? Replace his old bark hiding spot? or wait and see what he does?

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
people hate you? Why... did I miss something? Well I guess I should hate you too then because I hate to be different.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Athough it's nicely decorated, I do think that the rosea's tank is much too big for that individual. You might get better results with something a quater of the size... or less.

BTW, nobody hates you. Nobody that I know anyway.

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He found his hiding spot now. In that picture I had JUST put him in the tank and he was scrunched up. In the pic of me holding him he was fully stretched so hes about 4" or so. I think they are all kinda big but I wanted to give em alot of room to do what they want and see what parts of it they like and dont like so I can arrange them next time accordingly. I cant stand seeing them in a tiny jar or something. Feels like im being mean to em, so I go overboard with stuff.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Hey man, no one hates you... just think before you type and take responsibility when you should.

As far as the enclosures, they look very pretty.... however, and please don't take this the wrong way, the tarantulas don't care. Nicely done enclosures are purely for your benefit... there's nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't continue to do it for ALL your bugs... trust me, I tried and it gets VERY time consuming after awhile.

The main issue with big enclosures like that is that they can make it really hard for the prey items to be found. In the wild, with the exception of roaming post-ultimate molt males, most T's don't move more than a few feet from their burrow in the their whole lives, unless forced out by flooding or something of that nature. I have a juvie G. pulchra that's in a clear box that's only 4" X 8", and it still takes him a couple days to find crickets sometimes. :rolleyes:

All that being said, the enclosures look incredible. Just watch you little versi for signs of stress, as sometimes slings have a hard time in enclosures that are too big. If he's found a hide spot he should be OK, you just may have to crush the crickets and drop them on his web in order for him to find them.

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hrmmm, thanks Mister. He found a little spot where the plants drape over the rock, right behind it. Hes been making web like crazy, so he seems like hes likeing his new home. When I feed him I was gonna try dropping them right on his web because the person I bought it from used tweezers and gave the cricket to the little guy. What are some signs of T's being stressed? :?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Mister Internet said:
As far as the enclosures, they look very pretty.... however, and please don't take this the wrong way, the tarantulas don't care. Nicely done enclosures are purely for your benefit... there's nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't continue to do it for ALL your bugs... trust me, I tried and it gets VERY time consuming after awhile.
Yeah, but don't you HATE it when people ask you why you keep DIRT?!! {D

I have to admit, the décor in my Ts enclosures is for MY benefit. It looks a LOT better to have some greenery in each enclosure than just tanks of dirt... especially with the burrowers. I can enjoy looking at the plant, cuz I NEVER see the T! {D Some of the terrestrials hide under them tho, so I guess I'm not wasting my time!