Spider woman G. rosea

sezra

Arachnosquire
is her substrate damp? they'll do anything to avoid being on substrate that is too wet.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I've got a g. pulchripes that does that. She apparently missed the terrestrial memo.

justynh

Arachnopeon
Haha. I just thought it was funny. I looked into the enclosure when I walked into my room and was like.....um ok?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
did you just get her... im thinking gravid if shes digging and climbing [shes prob laying silk] o.0

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I've had her almost 5 months now.
yea could be gravid. some members have bred them and it took up to a yr or more.. so 5 months is nothing new ;) give it a few and well know ;)

Last edited:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
This is why I prefer not to use tanks with screens anymore. They seem drawn to hang upside down under them, even when all environmental aspects of the tank seem fine, and put themselves at risk. Although for what it's worth, I too had a T do this while gravid. But I attributed it to being recently W/C and trying to get out, and still do.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My G. porteri does the same thing - though she is in a kritter keeper so it does not have one of those metal mesh lids. Actually I have heard they can get their feet stuck in those metal mesh lids.

The conditions for mine are textbook but she still climbs I've seen her on the side of the enclosure - mostly at night. Sometimes they just like to climb.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
This is why I prefer not to use tanks with screens anymore. They seem drawn to hang upside down under them, even when all environmental aspects of the tank seem fine, and put themselves at risk. Although for what it's worth, I too had a T do this while gravid. But I attributed it to being recently W/C and trying to get out, and still do.
I had a T get stuck and I had to remove it from the screen lid, luckily it survived . I have heard sad stores of them hanging themselves on screen lids.