Dead centipede! Don't know cause?

thegreatpede

Arachnopeon
Hello, I had a problem with my centipede where it refused to eat anything I gave it and only accepted water for a short time before it stopped drinking as well. Sadly, it passed away a few days ago but recently my Rosehair passed away too and again she refused to eat anything I tried giving her and being a rosehair she normally ran or ignored any wet substance I put in her tank. I also had an emperor that died in a similar manner to my centipede a few months back. I don't know what the problem is, the crickets I normally feed them are always gut loaded and kept in a generally clean tank with access to food and water. Is it stress or a problem with the food? Thanks.

jdl

Arachnosquire
Where do you live? If it is an apartment, somebody may be spraying pesticides. If your are providing consistent care to your animals and they are dying mysteriously, it is an environmental factor. I used to think that I was terrible at keep inverts because they would die in a short period of time, I found out my parents were spraying them with hair spray. My parents are terrified of inverts. See if there is anything in the air that could be poisoning them...Radon, gas leak? If it is environmental, it probably isn't good for you either.

mukmewx

Arachnosquire
That's messed up jdl, I was wondering too, one of my African giant millipedes that I just got a month ago has died and the other isn't moving much, but still alive. They didn't seem to eat much either, (I tried lots and lots of different veges, and I have dead oak leaves as a top layer) Every other native creature(like isopods) I keep does well. Figures the one's I really cared about aren't doing well.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Where do you live? If it is an apartment, somebody may be spraying pesticides. If your are providing consistent care to your animals and they are dying mysteriously, it is an environmental factor. I used to think that I was terrible at keep inverts because they would die in a short period of time, I found out my parents were spraying them with hair spray. My parents are terrified of inverts. See if there is anything in the air that could be poisoning them...Radon, gas leak? If it is environmental, it probably isn't good for you either.
What other household chemicals kill inverts?? I lost a few Ts years ago w/ no care problems. Pedes are just as sensative, I still havent bought any but they are cool predator's prob the fastest Large Invert. G rosea are tuff as nails u must have a chemical leak , or something.