Please identify the deer species in this photo

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's not a deer. It's a calf of a small African antelope species known as a Dik-Dik(Madoqua sp.) They are named for their alarm calls, and even adults are small, no more than 16 inches at the shoulder.

pitbulllady

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Wow! I love this! Are they hard to keep?
Though able to fly, it is only for short distances. I'm not sure if anyone has been able to domesticate them to the degree they won't leave hoof prints on your ceiling when startled or stressed. I'm quite curious to know if it can be done.

beanb142002

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks so much and pardon my ignorance!!![emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
these do come up for sale from time to time.. was a male yearling in tx in august selling for 5500.. iv seen a few in my time mainly stuffed. but 2 live..super cute.. SUPER FAST they are actually considered a game animal [believe it or not] semi domestic if you consider a antilope/deer a pet [ev kept white tail a few times and a mule deer once] but wild animals are wild animals XD about as domestic as Flash in a skittish mini antelope suit XD

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Though able to fly, it is only for short distances. I'm not sure if anyone has been able to domesticate them to the degree they won't leave hoof prints on your ceiling when startled or stressed. I'm quite curious to know if it can be done.
Lol.... Good answer.