PsalmopoeusIrminia(VenezuelaSuntiger) HELP

unknownza

Arachnopeon
Good day all

Yesterday i got myself a Venezuelan Suntiger female, she has recently molted (between a week or two ago).

She is about 6-8cm big but her abdomen in extremely small... aLOT smaller than her carapace.

I have fed her, im guessing she just hasnt recieved alot of feeding from her previous owner?

Should i be concerned or if i feed her daily will she come right?

Thanks all

UnknownZA

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
She is ready to be fed, Ts who put all there food into growth will often have abdomens that look small after molting.
Oddly my A genic /brock still looks plump after growing .5-1" last molt , but she was way over-sized prior to molt.

Sana

Arachnoprince
No reason to worry. My T kids are always super skinny right after molt. They pig out for a week or two and then they go back to their usually weekly feedings until the next time.

KcFerry

Arachnosquire
I hate to ask this question, but are you sure it's a female? Can you post a pic?

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Mine was skinny after she molted too. Took her a month or two to fatten up, now she got a donk again :). Seems that way especially with arboreals. yeah kcferry has a good point. Males do tend to have smaller abdomens.

cold blood

Staff member
Alright thanks so i shouldnt be worried at all?
ALL t's will have a small abdomen following a molt (arboreals especially), if their rump stayed large, it would make molting difficult. The t lifecycle is basically molt, get a small abdomen, fatten up and when they are plump, molt again and repeat the process. Absolutely nothing to worry about unless you are a die hard cricket lover...cause its ready to eat like a beast right now! FEED THE BEAST!

cold blood

Staff member
Well i know that males are grey and females are black? or am i mistaken?
yes, you are mistaken...kinda. Until the male matures, they look identical. Sexual dimorphism is only apparent following that maturing molt for the male.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
post a ventral picture in the sexing section if you want some good guesses or wait until it molts. Coloration isn't reliable until, like cold blood said, maturity.