Another aboreal

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a juvi avic avic and a p cambridgei teeny sling. I want one more stunning arboreal in my collection. Preferably not too fast/aggressive/venomous. And generally easy to keep and hearty.

Suggestions any body???

--J.Haas

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
I have a juvi avic avic and a p cambridgei teeny sling. I want one more stunning arboreal in my collection. Preferably not too fast/aggressive/venomous. And generally easy to keep and hearty.

Suggestions any body???

--J.Haas
I have one suggestion that isn't aggressive or venomous, but can be fast (atleast mine is). an A. versicolor. but one that easier to keep and more hearty that pops in my head is a GBB, although from experience they seem to be more terrestrial than aboreal but are said to be "semi-aboreal" they make really coold webs too.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I want a full arboreal, are there any good ones other than avics recommended?

--J.Haas

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
maybe a P. irminia... not a poec, but I have heard of them being pretty aggressive. but ive also heard of some being really docile

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not looking for something too venomous or fast...

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 12:32 PM ----------

I have a p Cambridgei but heard they get very fast as they mature....

--J.Haas

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Not looking for something too venomous or fast...

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 12-01-2014 at 12:32 PM ----------

I have a p Cambridgei but heard they get very fast as they mature....

--J.Haas
lol for some reason avics keep coming too my mind. im not too sure what to suggest you, any T can be fast if it wants to be.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe avic is best... But I have an avic avic, what other avics are good and hearty and of course, beautifully!?

--J.Haas

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Maybe avic is best... But I have an avic avic, what other avics are good and hearty and of course, beautifully!?

--J.Haas
well as far as beautiful, the list can go on and on when it comes to avics lol. I like the A. versicolors, A. metallica, A. amazonica, A. diversipes, A. juruensis, A. purpurea, A. velutina, A. ulrichea... and obviously there is some more, but all the ones I listed are really beautiful avics

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Okay today I will look up all these different kinds of avics and I will see if I find one that tickles my fancy thanks for all the help and suggestions guys!

--J.Haas

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I have one suggestion that isn't aggressive or venomous, but can be fast (atleast mine is). an A. versicolor. but one that easier to keep and more hearty that pops in my head is a GBB, although from experience they seem to be more terrestrial than aboreal but are said to be "semi-aboreal" they make really coold webs too.
I hope you don't really mean that A. versicolor's aren't venomous?

cold blood

Staff member
Okay today I will look up all these different kinds of avics and I will see if I find one that tickles my fancy!
You'll have better luck finding an avic that DOESN'T tickle your fancy....its a long list of truly great looking spiders.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol I kno I kno I'm having such a hard time figuring this out lol

--J.Haas

cold blood

Staff member
I still say A. versicolor! they are really beautiful Ts!
They really are great, especially because of the way their colors change as they grow. Probably one of the cheapest and most readily available at the moment as well. Mine have always been entertaining eaters. Great starting place IMO, they totally converted me to the genus.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
They really are great, especially because of the way their colors change as they grow. Probably one of the cheapest and most readily available at the moment as well. Mine have always been entertaining eaters. Great starting place IMO, they totally converted me to the genus.
yeah they make really great Ts. mine is a bit of an oddball though. of all the things it has to web in its enclosure, it chose to climb up to the corner of the enclosure and make a cacoon like web up there. never comes out of it either!