getting some new Ts on wensday:) cant wait!!

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
on wensday I will have 14 Ts in my care:) I just got off the phone with paul becker about my order a few minutes ago and on wensday I will be getting a 5" female H. lividum, an OBT, p. irminia, and a A. anax. can anyone give me a little bit of advice about these Ts? and yes I know how the temper can be with the lividum and the OBT.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Keep petty squabbles confined to PMs.
Any more outbursts will result in infractions.

Consider adding people that bother you on your ignore list.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The best advice I can give you is to research them a lot before you purchase.

Now, if you did or didn't do that, what sort of advice were you looking for, as "advice" encompasses EVERYTHING.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i agree with viper.. best thing to do is at least do some research befor you buy. well sense you have already bought.. i guess well use the spoon with the little silicone spoon. feeding is the same for appropriate sized T. and aprox 75-80 av temp in the room

h.livid: tons of burrow room. i understand they like it moist, but ofcourse no moats. no experience cant say much more..

obt: i wont even touch they are too hardy and simple to maintain...just be prepaired for arange blurs havent you heard they are so hardy they can live on crushed glass? ;) [joke pls dont rly use that!]

Psalms. i keep mine a bit on the moist side. not sopping, [tho is wetter when expecting a molt.] ofcourse arboreal enclosures. my babies where 1/2 in and put in a 32oz. now are 1.75-2 and 2-2.5 and are still happy little buggers. i imagine i can keep them in there till 3-3.5 but they will move to cheeze ball containers by then.. again beware of the ninja T's ;)

aphonopelmas: keep like grammy or brachys. dry they do apear in pretty humid areas in some states so a little moisture wont spazz them out like a rose hair. but ofcourse its not a tropic either.. some people moisten 1/4-1/2 the tank. thats personal preference tho. they are nw so not very fast. but USUALLY super calm and grow like dead weeds ;D

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
i agree with viper.. best thing to do is at least do some research befor you buy. well sense you have already bought.. i guess well use the spoon with the little silicone spoon. feeding is the same for appropriate sized T. and aprox 75-80 av temp in the room

h.livid: tons of burrow room. i understand they like it moist, but ofcourse no moats. no experience cant say much more..

obt: i wont even touch they are too hardy and simple to maintain...just be prepaired for arange blurs havent you heard they are so hardy they can live on crushed glass? ;) [joke pls dont rly use that!]

Psalms. i keep mine a bit on the moist side. not sopping, [tho is wetter when expecting a molt.] ofcourse arboreal enclosures. my babies where 1/2 in and put in a 32oz. now are 1.75-2 and 2-2.5 and are still happy little buggers. i imagine i can keep them in there till 3-3.5 but they will move to cheeze ball containers by then.. again beware of the ninja T's ;)

aphonopelmas: keep like grammy or brachys. dry they do apear in pretty humid areas in some states so a little moisture wont spazz them out like a rose hair. but ofcourse its not a tropic either.. some people moisten 1/4-1/2 the tank. thats personal preference tho. they are nw so not very fast. but USUALLY super calm and grow like dead weeds ;D
thanks for the advice! that was pretty much in general what I was looking for. do you have any experience with any of these Ts? also I will post my enclosures once I get them and re house them.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I keep psalms irminia and cambridgei (help a buddy with a few more but they arnt mine) and have ticked out Aphonopelmas acrost the map. So i think i have a general idea of their homes, Obt' no experience.. i do feed and water a couple lividums even helped him corral a mm just yesterday..no idea on sub he used i think plain ol top soil with some sphagnum moss in there. lovely T.. each ofcourse with their own quirks

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
I keep psalms irminia and cambridgei (help a buddy with a few more but they arnt mine) and have ticked out Aphonopelmas acrost the map. So i think i have a general idea of their homes, Obt' no experience.. i do feed and water a couple lividums even helped him corral a mm just yesterday..no idea on sub he used i think plain ol top soil with some sphagnum moss in there. lovely T.. each ofcourse with their own quirks
okay well thanks for the help though. I will be getting them tomorrow sometime so hopefully I don't get tagged during re-housing. if so, oh well, will make for a good bite report I guess..

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
okay well thanks for the help though. I will be getting them tomorrow sometime so hopefully I don't get tagged during re-housing. if so, oh well, will make for a good bite report I guess..
I let all my Ts crawl out if the vial if possible (hate when they grab them witg papertowo n wad ut uo tho) if possibke just take of the lid and top layer wiel over their enclosure and in a larger one (i use 99ltr tub) and let them climb out of enclosure if possible..

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
I let all my Ts crawl out if the vial if possible (hate when they grab them witg papertowo n wad ut uo tho) if possibke just take of the lid and top layer wiel over their enclosure and in a larger one (i use 99ltr tub) and let them climb out of enclosure if possible..
well im going to be setting everything up for them today and when I get them tomorrow im just going to put their vials that they were shipped in, inside their new homes and hopefully they will just crawl out and make it easy on me!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
well im going to be setting everything up for them today and when I get them tomorrow im just going to put their vials that they were shipped in, inside their new homes and hopefully they will just crawl out and make it easy on me!
Bout all you can do.. i use the large tote just uncase.. my a.versi actually gave me a good run around...up n down my tongs 30 times. but thats only one. Bettet safe thn sry

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Bout all you can do.. i use the large tote just uncase.. my a.versi actually gave me a good run around...up n down my tongs 30 times. but thats only one. Bettet safe thn sry
well atleast it was an A. versi and not a H. lividum or OBT. when I got my versi, it was pretty easy to re-house, didn't make any mad dash or anything. it just crawled right out and onto my hand and then sat still until I got it in its new enclosure.

Sana

Arachnoprince
That's how I've re-housed all of mine (except for one disaster) and it's been great. Low stress for both the T and I.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
well atleast it was an A. versi and not a H. lividum or OBT. when I got my versi, it was pretty easy to re-house, didn't make any mad dash or anything. it just crawled right out and onto my hand and then sat still until I got it in its new enclosure.
No ow yet for me but im prepared its a huge tote and is sat on my bed. which brings its bottom to waist area much better then being on knees and if i need to i have 10ish catchcups within 1ft in any area.. iv experienced my camb. Bolt in a transfer cup. But being in a comfortable spot i feel is important.. idk bout u but im slower sliding around on my knees then swaying my body naturaly ;p

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Of your soon-to-be acquisitions, I only have experience with the irminia. As pyro said, arboreal setup and a little on the moist side. I CAN say that mine grew like a weed (from an inch to 3.5 inches in the first year). She has also developed quite an attitude. She use to just scamper behind her dirt-and-web curtain when I opened the lid. Now, she has made a web 'hammock' just under the lid, and strikes the lid every time it moves. It has made feeding & watering REALLY interesting. :laugh:

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Of your soon-to-be acquisitions, I only have experience with the irminia. As pyro said, arboreal setup and a little on the moist side. I CAN say that mine grew like a weed (from an inch to 3.5 inches in the first year). She has also developed quite an attitude. She use to just scamper behind her dirt-and-web curtain when I opened the lid. Now, she has made a web 'hammock' just under the lid, and strikes the lid every time it moves. It has made feeding & watering REALLY interesting. :laugh:
Many moons ago my friend decided he was going to buy me a T because I always wanted to hold his rosea.. One day he showed up with an adult female P irminia. Needless to say, it was a horrible choice for a first T. I was actually pretty scared of her. She was super defensive. However it led me to come here to find out just how to take care of her. In short, irminias are really beautiful but also deserve respect!

Good luck with the rehousing, try to share some pics when you get them!

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Many moons ago my friend decided he was going to buy me a T because I always wanted to hold his rosea.. One day he showed up with an adult female P irminia. Needless to say, it was a horrible choice for a first T. I was actually pretty scared of her. She was super defensive. However it led me to come here to find out just how to take care of her. In short, irminias are really beautiful but also deserve respect!

Good luck with the rehousing, try to share some pics when you get them!
i intend to! the second the package shows up, ill be posting pics left and right!:)