Blue lasiodora???

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I swore I SAW post for Blue lasiodora 2-5 years ago but never saw anything to back this up, was this a real T or a hoax?:biggrin:
This might be way before a lot of keepers remember. 2+ years ago.

thanks,
ultum

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I wish there was lasiodora sp blue...difficilus is probably as pretty as this species gets IMO.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i remember seeing this and ofc it was all talk of photoshop. but i think a few of pics wher ejust light colors. one i remember looke dlike a super deep gbb. never did it look real blue like a versi sling, h. lividum and be able to be 100% it was a lasi.. now i wont lie id totally buy a lasiodora sp azule [like this beter sorry yoyo] just on a gamble for the right price.. but i dont think itd be THAT blue.. maybe a blue sheen like the green in a psalm cambridgei

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 04:58 AM ----------

I wish there was lasiodora sp blue...difficilus is probably as pretty as this species gets IMO.
you just need to strole thru the lasiodora pics then.. love all lasis ;P

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Pterinopelma sazimai

It was never a Lasiodora, just an uneducated guess at the genus until 2011 when a paper came out.

Bertani, R., R.H. Nagahama & C.S. Fukushima. 2011
Revalidation of Pterinopelma Pocock 1901 with description of a new species and the female of Pterinopelma vitiosum (Keyserling 1891) (Araneae: Theraphosidae: Theraphosinae).
Zootaxa 2814: 1-18.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
i remember seeing this and ofc it was all talk of photoshop. but i think a few of pics wher ejust light colors. one i remember looke dlike a super deep gbb. never did it look real blue like a versi sling, h. lividum and be able to be 100% it was a lasi.. now i wont lie id totally buy a lasiodora sp azule [like this beter sorry yoyo] just on a gamble for the right price.. but i dont think itd be THAT blue.. maybe a blue sheen like the green in a psalm cambridgei

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 04:58 AM ----------

you just need to strole thru the lasiodora pics then.. love all lasis ;P
l.azule?? I can't find any info on this sp.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Not a real sp just sounded beter then sp blue ;p was just saying id chance it with it at the right price to see if it was realy blue
o..I got excited! Lol..I guess I should learn to read.Its off topic sorta but whats the greenest t available besides p. rufliata..

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 07:49 PM ----------

I remember this. It was a year or so ago a pic popped up of one. Im pretty sure it was a real tarantula and not photoshopped or anything.

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 07:59 AM ----------

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?146892-cobalt-blue-sling-MEAN
do you know what species that is..I believe I have seen it on a pricelist somewhat recently..I think it was tarantulacanada. Either way I want one if there available in the us. I need to start reading the entire post before I ask questions and make myself look stupid!lol. Advan answered my ? In post 6.

Last edited: