different xenesthis sp

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
I know we have a few different sp off xenesthis and yes they cost a bit here in Europe,
And was wondring if u guys/Girls outside off Europe have same sp or others and Allan like
To ask about price differens so what xenesthis sp do u have and what did u have to Pay for Them ;)
Brg
Kim

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They're rare and expensive here, don't see them for sale often.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
Dont u have breeders in the USA ???
A good deal off the we have here ar pretty rare To and some do cost a lot :/

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I purchased an X.intermedia back in 2011 for 125 dollars for a 1.5 in sling . I have only seen them for sale once since then.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Dont u have breeders in the USA ???
A good deal off the we have here ar pretty rare To and some do cost a lot :/

I think Xenesthis is rarely bred here, and most of our slings are European imports.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
I think Xenesthis is rarely bred here, and most of our slings are European imports.
Damn so thats why they cost so mutch more in the USA than here :/
Maby i got to go bigger with My breeding program and export to USA ;) lol

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Damn so thats why they cost so mutch more in the USA than here :/
Maby i got to go bigger with My breeding program and export to USA ;) lol
Definitely. There's a big demand for Xenesthis here, and not enough supply. A lot of people would like to own them.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
Know its not easy to ship to the USA But May give it a go if i finde the right kontakt :)
Then i Hope moste off My gravid Ts Will drop me some sac's

Hanska

Arachnobaron
Seems they're not too cheap here either. A while back I saw a X.sp."white" female with a price tag of 450e('bout 555us). Though I've seen X.immanis and X.intermedia slings go for 13e.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
Seems they're not too cheap here either. A while back I saw a X.sp."white" female with a price tag of 450e('bout 555us). Though I've seen X.immanis and X.intermedia slings go for 13e.
Thats a awsome price last time i was looking for X.sp White i got a price 7-800€ for a female and immanis and intermedia at 13€ is realy low price a i buy All I can get at that price :) immanis is the most commen T in the genus and normal price on the EU market is 20-25€ ;)

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I think Xenesthis is rarely bred here, and most of our slings are an imports.
Yeah If only someone bred them , imported ones are often sold to non-breeders Id imagine. $100 ea sold in america they get them $15 ea or less probably from germany.
You gotta be very good at breeding, and very well funded to get anything common in america.
I remember when P Metallica slings were $250+ ea , I bet they were a lot cheaper in germany.

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Yeah I see that Males are wanted, just no one wants to ship them lol.
There's enough males to go around with most species. The problem is most tarantula owners aren't interested in breeding or if they are interested, they don't. Granted, some may want to breed but are temporarily in a situation where they can't (for a variety of reasons), but the majority just offer excuses.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
There's enough males to go around with most species. The problem is most tarantula owners aren't interested in breeding or if they are interested, they don't. Granted, some may want to breed but are temporarily in a situation where they can't (for a variety of reasons), but the majority just offer excuses.
America is huge, though. How hard is shipping MM know any good videos?? Maybe more keepers would breed if they knew more about shipping , Not crazy threads on T tattoos or your favorite T. I like all Ts I really have no favorite. I only know the basics of shipping Ts, So can someone make a thread just for shipping Ts? or a Caresheet.
The Dollar lost 95-99% of its value in the last 100 years , no wonder prices are crazy on everything in america. Not just Our Ts due to lack of breeding.

Last edited:

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
Its a bit sad to hear that a big big country like the USA is so bad in breeding Ts :) im thinking the hobby in US must be way bigger Than here in
Littel denmark.
I think we ar only 100-150 keppers and maby 20-30 breed Ts from this 20-30 ppl ar we only 4-5 bigger breeders and All in the hobby here
Have intrest in No males go to waist :)
I u want to tjek out a bit off My breeding pic sales lists and stuff happening in My Littel T-room
U can tjek it on Facebook (kongekilde tarantulas)

Last edited:

Akai

Arachnobaron
From what I understand these are notoriously hard to breed. Tarantulas that are pricey often are either new to the hobby, have very small egg sacs/hard to breed or come from area that has limited exportation. These have been on the wish for a long time but have reached unicorn status for me I'm afraid or the price was never right. If I can't breed it then I can't justify the cost.

kongekilde

Arachnosquire
From what I understand these are notoriously hard to breed. Tarantulas that are pricey often are either new to the hobby, have very small egg sacs/hard to breed or come from area that has limited exportation. These have been on the wish for a long time but have reached unicorn status for me I'm afraid or the price was never right. If I can't breed it then I can't justify the cost.
Its so true Hard to breed or rare Ts comes at a higer prime and a rare Hard to breed T Even higer :/
Now im i big luck and founde out how to breed some off the Hard ones and rare ones Even some off the Hard rare ones lol
Now this year i try to test My self to see If i can breed theraposas cos that i never tryed before :)