B. Albopilosum

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
This species does not get much attention here due to lack of color and other reasons, so to those who
have experience with them or newbies who would like to buy a first tarantula and would like to look
into this very much underrated species, converse about the Albopilosum.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
This species does not get much attention here due to lack of color and other reasons, so to those who
have experience with them or newbies who would like to buy a first tarantula and would like to look
into this very much underrated species, converse about the Albopilosum.
It is a beautiful spider. Problem is there are a lot of beautiful spiders in the hobby today, and a lot of excitement with new introductions, so albopilosum often gets put on the back burner. It's hardy, docile, great eater, with moderate growth. They've been in the hobby since at least the mid 1970's. Excellent choice for beginners.

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
I have two. One is a sling and I recently received a large female B. albo in a trade and I am not really a beginner. I just like the species.They are fantastic and pretty bulletproof. I really like their look too.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Do they eat well? My slings are like pit bulls or rottweilers when it cones to meal time, they seldom turn down food. One of
the slings that i have likes to eat exactly six hours before it molts.

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Well my big female hasn't eaten in my care yet because she was in pre molt and she just molted today. My sling eats but is not overly aggressive. I feel like they are the teddy bears of the tarantula world.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
There the only brachy I like! I recently bought one and am hooked it eats like no other spider I have ever seen..when I first received it it was 1/2 in and the only crix I had were 3\4 so i mushed one and tossed it in,it started feeding on it immediately and was munching on it till late the next evening..Its opithstoma was massive! My gf and I now refer to this spider as the b.gonnapopilosum. it was1/2 in a month and half ago when we received it,fed about 10hrs before it molted and fed 2days after and has fed every 2 days since then it molted again 3 days ago and is 1in and is eating right now! Its outgrowing my parahybana slings!

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I got mine as a freebie 3 months ago, so not one I would normally have chosen to buy but it has fast become a favourite. Great feeder and always busy digging but will always appear to see what's happening when I check on it.

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Whoever said that Honduran Curly-hairs (Brachypelma albopilosum) have no color in them, is boring, cheap & lame was and is terribly mistaken and here is why:

Introducing my first tarantula and my first love, Lady Macbeth

Note that these are unedited photos and you can easily tell if I did by checking the color of the coco fiber and the pale orange gravel pieces.

I previously had 12 adult female Ts including rarely seen ones like C.fasciatum, B.klaasi, N.coloratovillosus, S.samarae, T.gigas but had to sell them all out due to my immense allergic reactions to substrates, feeder dust and their hairs but I left out Macbeth coz she was with me during my trip to tarantula haven since day 1. Such sentimental value cannot be simply replaced by any amount of cash :)