LPS jailbreak.

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
I was browsing at my LPS and came across this tarantula badly in need of a molt. It was labeled "pink toe tarantula", and they said it might be a metallica, but they weren't sure.

My breeder buddy thinks it's an A. avicularia, does anybody disagree?

Quite honestly, I could care less either way. I feel like I got a good deal on a juvenile tarantula, and I'm happy to add it to my collection. However, I would obviously like to know for sure which specimen I have.

Attachments

Methal

Arachnosquire
That guy looks a lot like my A Avic. Hard to tell though because of the scraggly appearance.
as its been said, the Avicularia Genus is one screwed mess.

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
That guy looks a lot like my A Avic. Hard to tell though because of the scraggly appearance.
as its been said, the Avicularia Genus is one screwed mess.
Without going into too much detail, what do you mean by one screwed up mess?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I'd say Avic avic, but you can get a much better idea after it sheds.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Poec, are you really gonna be able to narrow it down to species? What I mean is how do you know that it isn't crossbred?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Poec, are you really gonna be able to narrow it down to species? What I mean is how do you know that it isn't crossbred?
Almost of the Avics in pet stores these days are w/c, many from Guyana. This summer I helped a local reptile dealer unpack a shipment of 400 of them. If they're across between Avic avic and metallica, it's happening in the wild.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Almost of the Avics in pet stores these days are w/c, many from Guyana. This summer I helped a local reptile dealer unpack a shipment of 400 of them. If they're across between Avic avic and metallica, it's happening in the wild.
Wow they make a killing off of Wc Ts right? real shame T hobbyists cannot buy directly from south america, you probably need a permit.