Springtails!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Since I'll be getting a space heater, and that usually means dry air, and I'll be owning quite a bit of humidity loving species, I was wondering about getting some springtails. The reason being, is that I'll be putting less ventilation holes within this species, to increase the humidity. My hope is that the springtails will reduce or null the chance of there being mold or mites due to the lower ventilation in the enclosures. Would this be a smart thing to do? If so, how should one take care of springtails? Should they just be put into a the enclosure right away or?

@Edit: They will be in enclosures with slings ranging from .75-1.25" if that helps at all.

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Springtails definitely help with cleanup. It's probably easier to culture them in a separate container and pour them into your various containers as needed. If there's moisture and food mites will still thrive, but springtails will help keep things clean.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Springtails definitely help with cleanup. It's probably easier to culture them in a separate container and pour them into your various containers as needed. If there's moisture and food mites will still thrive, but springtails will help keep things clean.
That sounds good haha. Will the springtails help clean up the boluses or?