Hogna carolinensis dropped :)

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So if this all goes well, should I sell them?? I'm so uncertain if the babies of this species are even desirable at all in this hobby. Would it be worth my time you think?
It is winter here, so I wouldn't release them in the wild.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hogna caroliniensis is probably one of the most desirable wolfs there are, just due to its sheer size! If I had the money then, I would buy one.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Did you catch it or buy it? I hope to find some this summer in Alabama and Georgia.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I actually found it way out in the boonies on the outskirts of town. I was doing some local surveying on Aphonolema hentzi and noticed this HUGE turret with her sitting right by it. She's about 3". My wife found a MM walking around our house and caught it for me. She didn't know what it was, only a big spider. When I saw it I was like you have to be kidding me! A MM carolinensis!!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
wolf spider babies are easy to care for. They're fierce little predators, alot easier than caring for tiny scorplings that get terrified of baby aphids! haha

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I wish these would be common in Europe. Haven't seen one for sale but I'd love to get one.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There seems to be a TON of eggs in there. She is 3.5", the sac is the size of a nickel. Plump and looks to be fertile.
When I do sell them, it will more than likely be in lots of 10's or more, but I may make some exceptions ;)

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not a big fan of true spiders, but my good friend is. I don't need ten of those crazy creatures lol

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not a big fan of true spiders, but my good friend is. I don't need ten of those crazy creatures lol
Hehe, you would want 10 adults I tell ya. Did you ever see the picture of the turret these things make?? It is amazing looking.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do the slings make the turrets? Would you be interested in doing a trade for a few babies? (not 10, like maybe 3 lol)

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Trade off ones you don't care for as much and get things you like more! What more could you want lol