Day 53

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
And A. Avicularia seems to be struggling to make the floor mat. The dry substrate (coconut fiber) seemed to be ripping as she was digging to make a dish like area. Ive decided to intervene to make this process easier on her to build said web. She made her "lair" in the bottom corner of my tank so I've been able to watch this process. All I've done to assist is slipped two tooth pick sized reeds down the sides of the corner. This should be sufficient to support her dish in the making. Everyone please note that a Avicenna have record of having trouble in this step of breeding, lots have not made a good enough web floor and lost the whole sac. This is her first time and has not lived up to normal actions for these species. Just keeping tall posted well see how this works.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Day 53 of pre molt or eggsack? mY A avic has been in pre-molt for months now. You waiting for an eggsack?

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Today (for the next couple hours is day 59, so it will be refered to as day 60)

DAY 60

A. Avicularia has been spotted at night strolling around her cage and drinking water, but other than that has remained motionless for the last 3weeks in her "lair". For some reason this Abdorial spieces believes it's a burrower spieces. There is no other word I can use to describe her except FAT. (Sorry Bonnie :p) I 'll add pictures later but she looks like she might explode. However at this time feeding has seemed less demanding and has ceased completely. As for the toothpick assistance she swept one away and used the other. This is the longest I've heard of in this spieces so far.

On a completely different matter... I have a theory.
Male A. Avic (Clyde) seems to be done making sperm webs. He's stopped making webs completely and has no web in his cage. I thought to myself what do I do? ... And it hit me. I have a smaller non mature female avic that has a well established web and decided to swap them. Clyde seems to be needing the web and has been observed eating her web. I have no proof that he is depositing sperm but he is waltzing in a odd manner and seems to be enjoying himself.

The idea is that he will deposit sperm into her web and save energy looking for a mate.

---------- Post added 12-18-2014 at 11:16 PM ----------

Day 53 of pre molt or eggsack? mY A avic has been in pre-molt for months now. You waiting for an eggsack?
Yes. Waiting on a sac.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
DAY 62..

WE HAVE AN EGG SAC TODAY!!! About the size of a golf ball so exciting IDK WHAT TO DO WITH MY HANDS.

Any suggestions on when I should pull the sac, I don't want her to eat it.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
I think most breeders pull it around day 27-29, but I don't know if that implies to avics also.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
DAY 62..

WE HAVE AN EGG SAC TODAY!!! About the size of a golf ball so exciting IDK WHAT TO DO WITH MY HANDS.

Any suggestions on when I should pull the sac, I don't want her to eat it.
Will be doing show box incubator