Lasiodora parahybana not eating

badwool

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

I'm a little concerned about my salmon pink.

It's not eaten for about 4 months since it last shed and now the abdomen is starting to shrink, not shrivel.

It has 4-5 inches of substrate to burrow and plenty of humidity, temp is around 74 degrees.

I have attached a picture.

Appreciate your input, thanks.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Got any pics of the palps....looks possible like he needs some lovin' (aka MM)

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Is it a mature male? From what I'm seeing he looks like a male. Males usually don't live long after their ultimate molt. Some live just a few months after maturing. This could be the case, they generally stop eating when nearing the end of their lifespan.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Depends on the species. Many males live a year after maturing, some two years.
yep I know, the OP stated that it molted 4 months ago so just said some male Ts live just few months after their ultimate molt if that is to be the case.. I have heard of male Ts living up to 3 years after their ultimate molt, but I also heard of some males living only 3 - 6 months.. which is quite sad

cold blood

Staff member
There shouldn't be condensation forming on the inside of the encolsure, that's not generally a good sign.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
+1 on the male. And yeah, it appears to have rained inside the enclosure, might wanna get that checked :giggle:. Looks a little wet in there for an LP.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
There shouldn't be condensation forming on the inside of the encolsure, that's not generally a good sign.

No tarantula should have a cage that stays that moist, not even Theraphosa or Hysterocrates.