Any tarantula lovers here in the bay??

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I live in Oakland, California.

Curious, are there any other tarantula enthusiasts in the California Bay Area? Or in California period?

I'd love to meet some local hobbyists!

Hollah!! Lol

--J.Haas

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Well, if there are any tarantula lovers in the bay, they're probably treading water.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Considering that CA is such a HUGE state, who cares if it has so much, but it takes 10 hrs to get there w/out traffic. My friend lives out there, and he's like "oh the state has everything"..No it doesn't, but it should, it's so large and varied.

Do you really think you are going to see your T friends in Imperial Beach in this decade? :laugh::laugh:

There's not a lot of action up in NorCal, there's only 1 major herp show worth mentioning. All the good stuff is LA to SD!!! Good Luck and Embrace the Pineapple Express!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Of course, I know, there's not much action... :-$. Just curious because I seem to cross paths with some people at pet shops, etc with interests but no one on arachnoboards from California really.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nope I don't live in the San Fran bay area, but I do live a stones throw away from LAX. I can basically see it from my balcony.

---------- Post added 12-17-2014 at 08:10 AM ----------

Nice! How's the hobby there?
The hobby's pretty great here. The LANHM has an annual bug fair that a bunch of vendors go to sell their stock. It's very big and really awesome.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow lucky duck!
It's true that the bay has little going on but hell it's good to know there are some ca enthusiasts on here. The convention Sounds pretty awesome when does it happen?

--J.Haas

KenW

Arachnopeon
I live in San Jose. I keep a half dozen tarantulas. Recently we had SF BATS sfbats.org But I believe this group has quietly disbanded. The most recent group is the California Bug Club. Google this group and/or find their Facebook page. Fun to meet up with other tarantula-loving folks!

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow lucky duck!
It's true that the bay has little going on but hell it's good to know there are some ca enthusiasts on here. The convention Sounds pretty awesome when does it happen?

--J.Haas
The fair in 2015 should be about May 17th or so. It's always fun to meet more hobbyists, I'd love to see you there! Just be sure you bring enough money, I was planning on buying only $120 worth of T's but I came home with over $250

I even got a couple A. Chalcodes slings for a dollar each! The guy was doing a game where you pick a lollipop for a buck and if it had a blue dot at the bottom of the stick he gives you a free sling. Won three times in a row!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The fair in 2015 should be about May 17th or so. It's always fun to meet more hobbyists, I'd love to see you there! Just be sure you bring enough money, I was planning on buying only $120 worth of T's but I came home with over $250

I even got a couple A. Chalcodes slings for a dollar each! The guy was doing a game where you pick a lollipop for a buck and if it had a blue dot at the bottom of the stick he gives you a free sling. Won three times in a row!
Sounds like so much fun! Always fun to know there's some enthusiast near by! And I'll make sure to bring $$ lol do u know of any other ca conventions ?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nothing like driving 2/3's the length of the Western coast for a 1-2 day con. Not including the crappy traffic.

There is something about SF that has made it very anti-exotic animals. There's tons in the SoCal area, granted more people, but there's a large critical mass in SF to support exotics yet there's nothing. Clearly no redeeming qualities in that area.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sounds like so much fun! Always fun to know there's some enthusiast near by! And I'll make sure to bring $$ lol do u know of any other ca conventions ?
Uhh there are a bunch of reptile conventions but that is the only bug one that I know of.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yay! There DO seem to be some ppl in the area! :))) we should all go to the convention! I'm really juiced ab the lollipop game lol

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 12-21-2014 at 03:45 PM ----------

Nothing like driving 2/3's the length of the Western coast for a 1-2 day con. Not including the crappy traffic.

There is something about SF that has made it very anti-exotic animals.
That's a shame! How so? I'm not in San Francisco but I know that there's only a few places in the east bay that you can get Ts from... guess we're not as big in the hobby here