favorite OW?

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
What's your favorite OW? Looks, attitude, behavior etc. I only have 4 OWs atm but my h macs really have me intrigued. Ones secretive, ones always out but they're both so fast. Might beat my pokie in a race.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Actually, all my OW's except my L. violaciopes are pokies. Smallest is my P. met, at about 1/2". Largest is my 5+ inch rufilata. I've had my 3 regalis the longest, so I'd have to say they are my favourites. They all came from the same sac, and I lucked out, as they are all pretty relaxed. Valkyrie, especially, likes to hang around the top of the container, and I can fill her water dish or remove old crickets without her budging a muscle. :)

As for racing, my money's on my 3 inch P. irminia. She is LIGHTNING quick. ;)

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really can't pick. I really love them all, they're all stunning, fast, good appetites, and keep you on your toes. What's not to love?

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I really can't pick. I really love them all, they're all stunning, fast, good appetites, and keep you on your toes. What's not to love?
+1 man. I just tried to pick lol. My h macs are newer so I'm probably just curious.

---------- Post added 12-17-2014 at 01:43 PM ----------

Actually, all my OW's except my L. violaciopes are pokies. Smallest is my P. met, at about 1/2". Largest is my 5+ inch rufilata. I've had my 3 regalis the longest, so I'd have to say they are my favourites. They all came from the same sac, and I lucked out, as they are all pretty relaxed. Valkyrie, especially, likes to hang around the top of the container, and I can fill her water dish or remove old crickets without her budging a muscle. :)

As for racing, my money's on my 3 inch P. irminia. She is LIGHTNING quick. ;)
Why don't you like your Singapore? My first day with my irminia, she ended up on the ceiling. She was my 3rd T and I will admit, I bought her prematurely.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love pokies and pretty much all OWs. I don't have that many right now. But I think H mac is on my next to buy list for sure!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I love pokies and pretty much all OWs. I don't have that many right now. But I think H mac is on my next to buy list for sure!
+1 all are great, OBT and pokies are my current favorites, H mac also. Horned baboons are amazing too!!

truecreature

Arachnoknight
I'm going to be typical and say P. metallica. If I ever work up the nerve someday to keep at least one OW, it'll be that one.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to be typical and say P. metallica. If I ever work up the nerve someday to keep at least one OW, it'll be that one.
My AF P metallica is a scaredy cat. I'd never mess with her, but she is always trying to hide from me. Never a threat posture! Never know how some individuals will be though.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H.maculata, OBT, and pretty much all pokies. I only own a few species, but I hope to own many more. On top of the beautiful patterns and their large size, they are normally out in the open fairly regularly as adults, making them great display species. I'm starting to love horned baboons as well.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I really want a horned baboon. I think they're incredibly funny looking. I'm trying to focus more on OWs right now.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
I love my Psalmopoeus cambridgei slings - they exhibit very interesting behaviors, and they're adorable. While I have virtually no experience with them, I love the markings on all the pokies (owned one P. regalis for approximately 3 months, then lost it to a bad molt). But my favorite OW when we're talking about looks would have to be L. violaceopes. Those colors! WOW! I don't have one yet, and based on research and observation of their behavior in feeding and rehousing videos, I will not own one until I've got several years of experience with OW species under my belt. But come hell or high water I will have one (or two, or three...) eventually.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For the most part S. calceatum are my favorite. But Ceratogyrus, Harpactira, Heterothele, Idiothele, Monocentropus, Poecilotheria, Cyriopagopus, are all very amazing as well.

awiec

Arachnoprince
My AF P metallica is a scaredy cat. I'd never mess with her, but she is always trying to hide from me. Never a threat posture! Never know how some individuals will be though.
MY Bf has a suspect male who gives a pose if you just look at it wrong and will race around the container, each spider has its own personality for sure.

I really want a horned baboon. I think they're incredibly funny looking. I'm trying to focus more on OWs right now.
They are definitely more "novice" friendly than the other OW and are a great first step into that realm. My adult female C.darlingi is probably my favorite OW as she is pretty laid back (until it's feeding time) and is out all the time. The horn is very charming and the markings are very nice, reminiscent of an H.mac and they are pretty cheap and easy to breed.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
MY Bf has a suspect male who gives a pose if you just look at it wrong and will race around the container, each spider has its own personality for sure.

They are definitely more "novice" friendly than the other OW and are a great first step into that realm. My adult female C.darlingi is probably my favorite OW as she is pretty laid back (until it's feeding time) and is out all the time. The horn is very charming and the markings are very nice, reminiscent of an H.mac and they are pretty cheap and easy to breed.
When I went to get my fimbriatus at the LPS I go to, they had some darlingi and marshalli slings but idk if they still have them. I love my h macs. Pictures almost do them no justice. Aren't they slower growers? I haven't done a ton of reading on them yet since they weren't too high on my priority list before.

Pokie Master

Arachnosquire
porkies have been a favorite of mine for quite some time. Awesome species that you must respect. Monocentropus balfouri though is an awesome communal species though! The colors and the amount of webbing they do is just awesome! I have 13 myself. 8 of which I'm raising in a communal.

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
My favorite OW was my Ph. "Stents". It would always take it's bolus to the far side of it's enclosure and drop it off in the water dish so I could clean it up for him/her. Very methodical spider, immobilize the prey, cover it with webbing and then eat it, but very slowly and out in the open. Unfortunately it died from DKS symptoms.