Rosie overly active during the day?

rbell

Arachnopeon
My juvenile rosie used to always just sit in her cork tube all day (and probably night, not so sure). A few days ago, however, she started coming out during the day. Shes crawling all over the place, moving her moss around, climbing on to the walls and sometimes to the roof (which worries me for a possible fall). My only thought is that she's trying to look for places to escape, or simply just started to explore her cage since I am not sure if she's ever had before.

Let me know your thoughts!

P.S. She's well fed, has plenty of space and hiding places, and always has fresh water, so she's probably not looking for any resources.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Ts act strange G rosea is most unusual, sometimes they just sit there. Other times they are running all over there cage. My Ts generally have a favorite hiding spot for daytime, then are active at night:biggrin:.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
+1 Roseas are known for being quirky. Ts sometimes just like to redecorate in general. My juvie genic and LP hate their hides. They sit on top. Maybe they think they're already huge :biggrin:

Neoza

Arachnobaron
I have T' who can sit in the same position for days, and suddenly began to climb, explore and walk! Its just typical for T's, they can do unpredictable things! Although it also can be a mature male who is looking for a nice girl!

rbell

Arachnopeon
Her substrate is dry; when I first got her I realized it was too moist so I bought a different kind and she likes it. I am certain it is a female because I checked her exoskeleton when she first molted, and it's definitely not a mature male because there are no "hooks" on the front legs. Here is a picture anyways:
IMG_2091.jpg

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You will know what it's gender is soon enough! It is in HEAVY premolt. See the black, shiny part on the abdomen? That's the exoskeleton forming beneath the old one.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
She's chubby haha. Yeah shes probably just redecorating. Roseas tend to be a little strange. She looks like shes in premolt though

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Her substrate is dry; when I first got her I realized it was too moist so I bought a different kind and she likes it. I am certain it is a female because I checked her exoskeleton when she first molted, and it's definitely not a mature male because there are no "hooks" on the front legs. Here is a picture anyways:
View attachment 132854
. She will never be able to eat all of that! Lol..some keepers have had g.roses that constantly wander there cage..who knows y they do it..she looks healthy and fat so no worrys..nice t..

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My first thought would be that she's hungry, but you said she's well fed and she looks good. Who knows... Your T is just one of the more unpredictable ones I guess lol

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
My B. Albopilosum slings (one in particular) tend to be active during the day, but that is probably because the room i have them in is very dark and i seldom turn the light on.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My juvenile rosie used to always just sit in her cork tube all day (and probably night, not so sure). A few days ago, however, she started coming out during the day. Shes crawling all over the place, moving her moss around, climbing on to the walls and sometimes to the roof (which worries me for a possible fall). My only thought is that she's trying to look for places to escape, or simply just started to explore her cage since I am not sure if she's ever had before.

Let me know your thoughts!
No one knows the answer, is THE answer. They do unexplained things as we cannot read their minds. Had a female Chilean Copper go vertical for about a year or more, no reason, no food etc. She came down back onto the sub, like nothing happened.

Regarding exploration, I haven't owned a SINGLE T that hasn't explored his/her prison. These convicts are dying to escape, given the chance. The way you can tell if she's explored her home is done 2 ways (predicated on silk), Look carefully at the sub, and see if you can see silk, if you don't see any, you can put some tongs on the surface and see if there is any. I had an emilia that I thought for sure hadn't explored her home. The entire sub was coated in solid but nearly invisible layer of silk.

They don't always lay it down when they walk. But I'd be shocked if there wasn't silk down on the sub.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Not a mature male, looks heavy pre-molt. It is likely looking for a nice place to spin a molting mat.

Chad2008

Arachnopeon
My A. geniculata and my best friends g. rosea are daytime lovers.
My A. Geniculata will come out of her hide when she hears me messing around in the morning and when i open the curtains she always comes to lay about in the sun for a few hours then starts messing around for a few hours before resting for awhile.