A. versicolor sling molting.....again

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
It just finished a molt about three weeks ago. I got it about four months ago about 1/2", and it's molted three times since then.

Is it common for this species to molt frequently as a sling?:confused:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm sure at high temps and frequent feedings could cause one to molt every 3 weeks. But really there's no way to know, could be a male, could just be a faster developer then their siblings. I'm sure it's nothing to worry/ fuss over :)

Neoza

Arachnobaron
My G. Pulchripes molted 3 times in 5 months, and he wasnt a sling, he was almost adult so...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It just finished a molt about three weeks ago. I got it about four months ago about 1/2", and it's molted three times since then.

Is it common for this species to molt frequently as a sling?:confused:
Nothing to worry about, they are supposed to grow.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
No problem bro, its actually a good thing the quicker you can get avics to the 2 inch mark the better..they can be pretty sensitive when there small.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's certainly not normal however it is not alarming, some Ts moult frequently like this, it is most likely due to the conditions and feeding.

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My A. Versicolor pretty much molted on a monthly schedule for several molts. From 2nd instar to mature male was 2 years and 6 months. This is a exciting species to watch grow they go through so many changes. Congratulations

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Did it eat since the molt before? It could have accidentally damaged something in its digestive tract (they molt out the pumping stomach and esophagus too) and needed to molt again to repair it.

I wouldn't worry too much, at least you got more growth out if it!

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
Did it eat since the molt before? It could have accidentally damaged something in its digestive tract (they molt out the pumping stomach and esophagus too) and needed to molt again to repair it.

I wouldn't worry too much, at least you got more growth out if it!
Yes, it's an eater! I figured that it is healthy....it's about 1 1/2" now. I've had pretty good luck with slings....so far....all my spiders seem to be healthy and flourishing.....a blessings indeed! Thanks all!