Just got my Christmas present in the mail... Now with pictures(finally)

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just got these babies in from Steven Stamps.

Brachypelma albopilosum: Sold to me as unsexed 2", but it's more like 3"!

Xenesthis immanis: Sold as unsexed 1.5". Pretty accurate. These definitely look strange at this size! But I'm excited to have one.

Didn't get any freebies, but that's okay.
Thanks for viewing :) Still do not have a camera, but phones have better cameras nowadays.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice choices! I want Ts for Christmas...lol I guess they'll have to be a gift to myself! Your immanis will be one gorgeous T!

Dizzle

Arachnoknight
Nice! Your albo looks a lot like the 2 incher I got a few months ago. Awesome T imo, I have enjoyed it much.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice choices! I want Ts for Christmas...lol I guess they'll have to be a gift to myself! Your immanis will be one gorgeous T!
Thanks I can't wait til he/she grows up! He/she is quite leggy, it's kind of cool.

And yeah the enclosure I had was geared for a 1.5" - 2" albo... I am gonna have to find a larger enclosure soon :( I hope she has enough space in there.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Nice ts bro..I was gonna order 2 more b.albos this week for my girl friend and 2 s.calceatum for myself..I was gonna slip another p.rufliata in there and tell her it was a free b lol...but with Xmas around the corner I decided against it..my new years resolution is buy more ts!lol. Hey what are you using for substrate? It looks earthy and natural I like it.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice ts bro..I was gonna order 2 more b.albos this week for my girl friend and 2 s.calceatum for myself..I was gonna slip another p.rufliata in there and tell her it was a free b lol...but with Xmas around the corner I decided against it..my new years resolution is buy more ts!lol. Hey what are you using for substrate? It looks earthy and natural I like it.
It's just eco earth in a large bag from the LPS (coco fiber). I used to buy the bricks and it's more granulated that way, this is just the dried stuff. It's about 1 dollar per liter this way. It saves a lot of time. But this also makes it more loose and harder to pack down. I should have sprayed the sub a bit before putting them in, but they will be fine.

I REALLY want an S. calceatum, they are stunning!

Heh, usually our resolution would be, BUY LESS Ts :p

14pokies

Arachnoprince
It's just eco earth in a large bag from the LPS (coco fiber). I used to buy the bricks and it's more granulated that way, this is just the dried stuff. It's about 1 dollar per liter this way. It saves a lot of time. But this also makes it more loose and harder to pack down. I should have sprayed the sub a bit before putting them in, but they will be fine.

I REALLY want an S. calceatum, they are stunning!

Heh, usually our resolution would be, BUY LESS Ts :p
I thought so...that's what the texture of the compressed bricks used to be like way back in the day! The larger grain molded way less too..s cals are pretty cool this will be my first time working with them in my own collection..we used to get them in once in a great while at a higher end petstore I worked at..they were never there long enough to observe any interesting behavior tho so it will be fun to finally get some when I can... Less ts???...now your just being rediculous!lol!

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Wish we had that green moss you guys have, I'm stuck with this yellow crap that looks fake as hell.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wish we had that green moss you guys have, I'm stuck with this yellow crap that looks fake as hell.
I actually bought that stuff from Jamie's tarantulas, and since you wouldn't be actually ordering the spiders I think you could buy it there. You may have to spend a lot in shipping though :p The actual moss is rather cheap.

MOAR SPIDERS NAO

concretednut

Arachnopeon
Steve is always solid buying from, usually see him at Houston repticon but he ships well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I actually bought that stuff from Jamie's tarantulas, and since you wouldn't be actually ordering the spiders I think you could buy it there. You may have to spend a lot in shipping though :p The actual moss is rather cheap.

MOAR SPIDERS NAO
I got moss blocks at petsmart once.