My New Euathlus sp red

Spaceblues

Arachnopeon
Just unpacked her. She's about 2.5" and captive bred. She's gorgeous and appears to be amazingly sweet and slow. Looking forward to decades of joy with her. Thanks to all those who helped me choose and locate her. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418862120.394220.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418862131.519805.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations such a fantastic t my girl is around the same size. She's really calm and curious or nosey lol

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I love my sp. Red and Yellow. Although I don't officially handle, I will let these crawl across my hand if they like. They always stop what they're doing to come out when I open their enclosures. I think they beat Rosies hands down for beginners. (I also have E. truculentus and E. pulcherrimaklaasi that are very, VERY different.)

Spaceblues

Arachnopeon
I've heard from several people that they insist on taking a stroll every time you open their enclosure. Will be fun to watch and learn more about her.

ALBO2

Arachnopeon
Congratulations! That is a lovely girl you have there. Glad you got her. :)

I have a microscopic sling, and I hope it becomes that size one day.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Man, I knew you'd follow my advice!!!! Sweet looking too.

---------- Post added 12-17-2014 at 09:01 PM ----------

I love my sp. Red and Yellow. Although I don't officially handle, I will let these crawl across my hand if they like. They always stop what they're doing to come out when I open their enclosures. I think they beat Rosies hands down for beginners. (I also have E. truculentus and E. pulcherrimaklaasi that are very, VERY different.)
Would you post a pic of your sp Red and sp Yellow. I have 2 Reds and a Yellow, and my Yellow is close to color as my Reds. I'd be curious to see some other examples of Yellows in particular. My Reds all have a Rust colored orange like color. Similar to a GBB abdomen.

Spaceblues

Arachnopeon
Yep, Viper - you made a very convincing case! Albo helped me locate her as well.

She's clinging to the side of the enclosure since putting her in. New, dry coco fiber, no food in there running around... guess she's just stressed from the trip.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep, Viper - you made a very convincing case! Albo helped me locate her as well.

She's clinging to the side of the enclosure since putting her in. New, dry coco fiber, no food in there running around... guess she's just stressed from the trip.

E sp Red/Yellow world domination!!

Yeah that's common. Who'd you get her from?

Spaceblues

Arachnopeon
From Anastasia at Net Bug. She was delivered to my office yesterday and everyone kept asking what was in the perishable box on my desk. I froze and just said... cheese? So I think my wife has named her Claret after one of her favorite cheeses.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
From Anastasia at Net Bug. She was delivered to my office yesterday and everyone kept asking what was in the perishable box on my desk. I froze and just said... cheese? So I think my wife has named her Claret after one of her favorite cheeses.

I saw hers. Would you post up another pic of yours, I couldn't see how intense the red is for yours. I'm trying to compare to with my own. I have a sp Yellow and looks like my sp Red, but both are from reputable breeders, so I don't think they are the same. I'm wondering how much variation in color/intensity there w/ Reds/Yellows.

Spaceblues

Arachnopeon
I'm at work, but here's another that my wife took. The others she took, the T was still all balled up from shipping and you can't see her red. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418930935.206033.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks, hard to tell if yours is cherry red like a fire engine or more rust red/orange like a green bottle blues' abdomen

Spaceblues

Arachnopeon
She's pretty red. I unpacked her under very soft, warm incandescent lighting so I could see, but also not unpack her into very bright light... so it is probably affecting the hue to a degree.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll see if I can get a post of two of mine for comparison. I have a 3rd but its color is just barely coming in, the others juvi and adult

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks but the light has washed out the color unfortunately. When I'm able I'll take some of mine.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
Thanks but the light has washed out the color unfortunately.
Well, not much. The sp. yellow is a brown/tan with that little orangey tuft. That's about the only color on it. The red is mostly black all over with the reddish hairs as shown. That's what they look like to my naked eye in daylight. I didn't adjust any colors or brightness in these photos.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Can't go wrong with these. Fun to raise, fun to keep. Despite their usually extremely docile nature, a great T for any collection in my opinion.