amblypygids and light

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
Hey guys! Well I got my D diadema pair a bit ago and I have a quick question. I keep them in my room and I always sleep with my tv on. The light level with the tv on isn't that bright at all. But I've noticed they are never active. On nights when I keep the tv off a bit longer they seem a small bit more active but not enough to blame the tv entirely. Could the light from the tv be causing it? They could be active while I'm asleep as I don't turn the lights off until I'm going to sleep. I am just wondering if the tv on could cause any harm to my buddies. Also what's some cool male and female pair names?
Thanks
Nate

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It isn't going to harm them really but I would think they are connected. My D. diadema is fairly active at night, I don't have a set schedule, I simply never turn my light on in my room. It has two big windows so the sun is shining during the day, at night, it is dark.

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
Okay. I mean it never had an effect before but I also didn't have amblys before. Mine get a day night cycle too but like I said I put the tv on. I have had the lights off all night so far though and nothing has happened. The male is readjusting but that's about it. The way I look at it is I have given them tons of hides facing all directions. So if the light bothered them wouldn't they run from it? Because my females current hide is directly facing the light and the windows and yet she never moves to another hide.

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
Probably that. I'm thinking of setting up a time lapse shot just to see if they move a lot. And if they do it'll look cool anyway haha

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Sometimes they are just less active, especially if fed. If they are hungry, they should be moving about:) They are great, aren't they?

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My pair of diadema don't do much either anymore since the female has started to produce eggs. I will be removing my male. Female's start to become defensive. A local guy had two females with eggs and the smaller female actually killed the bigger female. They were also in a 50 gallon too. I've told these are the best parents in all of arachnids.

Amblpygids are the major reason why I'm even in this hobby. I wish we had more sp. of amblpygids in the US hobby.