Theraphosa stirmi breeding question

Gpappy31

Arachnopeon
Sorry if this thread already exitst. If so please direct me to the link.

Approx. how long will a female start showing that huge abdomen after breeding her? I bred her 37 days ago today (12/17/14). And her abdomen is huge. the biggest I have EVER seen it.

cold blood

Staff member

Approx. how long will a female start showing that huge abdomen after breeding her? I bred her 37 days ago today (12/17/14). And her abdomen is huge. the biggest I have EVER seen it.

Sounds like about 37 days...lol.

Gpappy31

Arachnopeon
Good luck This species needs bred more so prices aren't so high. We need more baby goliaths .
Almost positive she's gravid but I would like an answer from others who have bred them. I've got a 2nd female in waiting...

Poec54

Arachnoemperor

There is no set time on females laying sacs. With mine, of any species, it's usually 4 or 5 months, sometimes longer. I've bred a lot of spiders, and they usually don't mate then lay a sac. If yours do, consider yourself fortunate. You need to learn to relax.

Gpappy31

Arachnopeon
There is no set time on females laying sacs. With mine, of any species, it's usually 4 or 5 months, sometimes longer. I've bred a lot of spiders, and they usually don't mate then lay a sac. If yours do, consider yourself fortunate. You need to learn to relax.
Learn to relax? I'm more than relaxed. I asked a simple question. And thought it was odd she plumped up so fast. But now I remember why I stopped posting here. Thanks

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Learn to relax? I'm more than relaxed. I asked a simple question. And thought it was odd she plumped up so fast. But now I remember why I stopped posting here. Thanks
We don't have all the answers. There isn't all that much known about tarantulas; huge family pretty much ignored until recently. You can't snap your fingers and think we're the Shell Answer Man. If we knew much about Theraphosa, we'd be cranking out sacs, but few people have in this country.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Ignore him, Maybe he is trying to be funny. Poec said 4-5 months I would go with that he has more T & breeding experience than I have been alive. If she is getting real fat she is probably gravid.
I've never hatched out Theraphosa, but I do know that tarantulas are a hobby for patient people. A good percentage of paired-up female tarantulas molt and never lay a sac. If they've developed eggs, they can reabsorb them. Pairing up a female and getting a viable sac are two very different things.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I've never hatched out Theraphosa, but I do know that tarantulas are a hobby for patient people. A good percentage of paired-up female tarantulas molt and never lay a sac. If they've developed eggs, they can reabsorb them. Pairing up a female and getting a viable sac are two very different things.
Yeah I tried breeding my G rosea but couldn't get her to lay a sack. Those European baby Eisensteins who aren't dumbed down by hexafluorosilicic acid (Fluoride/poison) in out water supply sure are better at breeding these species.

Getting these two species to lay a sack is a lot harder than pairing!!!

Gpappy31

Arachnopeon
That's why I always wait for a molt before breeding. My female is 2 months off a molt. And my other is 3 weeks off a molt

TarantulaGuy84

Arachnopeon
I wish I could tell you, but myself I have not been so fortunate as my stirmi has molted out twice on me. Will attempt another pairing next month. But if yours drops I wish you luck, I know a few people who has had them drop but the sac ended up no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk