Grosphus Madagascariensis

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
here are a few pics of my grosphus madagascariensis I've been keeping since October 2013

I started out with 4.2 colony of them but all 4 males died shortly after getting them but the 2 females are still alive
I would love to find somebody else who is keeping them and wants to keep them around for others to enjoy also

Attachments

High Lord Dee

Arachnosquire
Great looking scorpion and nice shots. Glad you aren't throwing in the towel. Good luck with your hunt.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Yeah :D. This sp. i need!
Wow Alex :) it's hard to imagine I have a sp. you don't have after seeing your great collection ! I will certainly help you out if I can get a brood of them :D

Great looking scorpion and nice shots. Glad you aren't throwing in the towel. Good luck with your hunt.
Thanks and yes they have some gorgeous colors on them that my crappy camera can't really capture I'm hoping to find a male to breed them with or somebody who has a nice colony of them and wants to add these to them. As long as they are kept around for more people to enjoy - I'll be happy

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Anyone have a male of this specie to loan or sale ?

please help me keep this beautiful specie around - you just don't see them often

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is not a good idea to keep this species (most scorpion species for that matter) in colonies with multiple males. Males compete for territorium and foremost, for females. Always keep one male with multiple females.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is not a good idea to keep this species (most scorpion species for that matter) in colonies with multiple males. Males compete for territorium and foremost, for females. Always keep one male with multiple females.
Even after the females have been mated? I typically keep my jayakari (new to this one), transvaalicus, jacksoni, gracilis, etc this way for years and not had any issues with males... just some temperamental females. Then again, they are typically out and competing for this territory when I am asleep :)

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Yes I fully agree 100 % as I didn't keep them communally but I guess using the word colony was misleading - I'm pretty sure all of mine were from a wild caught import and almost everybody else here stateside had problems with them suddenly dying off too Only specie I keep communally is rhopalurus garridoi and I feed them abundantly with only 1 male/ female living together

Last edited:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good luck with that, I'm in the same situation with a couple of things I have, frustrating. If your males were wild caught and mature they may have died of of old age.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Good luck with that, I'm in the same situation with a couple of things I have, frustrating. If your males were wild caught and mature they may have died of of old age.
Thanks and I did finally find someone who has a male and I'm hoping we can produce more of this awesome species for other people to enjoy them also Lemme know what you are needing and if I can help - I will :)

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
UPDATE
I sent my 2 females to Ralph and he then took them to devildog who has a colony of them already
I hope he is successful at getting more generations of this specie to survive and be around for more people to enjoy

Thanks again Ralph and William for your help !!!!!!

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Your welcome.He already paired both females once already.I will keep you updated if he doesnt first.