A. Metallica sling, aprox. when will it get its adult colors?

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
At what age does a A. Metallica get its mature color? I'm only assuming this happens because all sling pictures I've seen look the same where as adults none of them look like that. correct me if I'm wrong.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It can vary, but usually between the 2.5"-3.0" mark, sometimes a little later. Their sling colouring is an almost aqua blue with pink spots on the abdomen, similar pattern to the black with orange spots on P.irminia slings. Their adult colouring is a turquoise carapace with pink/purple hair over the legs and abdomen

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At what age does a A. Metallica get its mature color? I'm only assuming this happens because all sling pictures I've seen look the same where as adults none of them look like that. correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually all those adult pictures were Photoshopped, they never change. ;)

It can vary, but usually between the 2.5"-3.0" mark, sometimes a little later. Their sling colouring is an almost aqua blue with pink spots on the abdomen, similar pattern to the black with orange spots on P.irminia slings. Their adult colouring is a turquoise carapace with pink/purple hair over the legs and abdomen
I've never seen an A. metallica with pink/purple. They have white tipped, blue setae against a fairly shiny, dark blue background. My female doesn't match that description at all, and she's fits the typical description for metallica. Sure you aren't thinking about versicolor???

IMG_2030.jpg IMG_2007.jpg IMG_2006.jpg IMG_2002.jpg

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
January 2013 ~ 1.0 inch dls - has 'leg warmers' and pink folio type stripe on abdomen.

May 2013 ~1.5 inch - leg warmers gone, pink folio stripe fading

October 2013 ~3.0 inch - striping barely discernible

December 2013 ~4.0 inch - adult colors

May 2014 ~4.25 inch - adult abdomen has faint pinkish hue in certain lights.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
January 2013 ~ 1.0 inch dls - has 'leg warmers' and pink folio type stripe on abdomen.

Thanks! More than the OP was expecting. Great photojournalism.

Fishcrunch

Arachnosquire
That's really useful! Maybe I could use this as a rule of thumb for my metallica and perhaps my purpurea.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter

Very nice photos!

Is that the one from Chad? I have her sister. :)

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice photos!

Is that the one from Chad? I have her sister. :)
Thank you, and yes, this girl is one of Chad's. :)

---------- Post added 12-18-2014 at 04:27 PM ----------

That does sound like versicolor.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Get one like Chad's. He does some incredible work with his. The man's an artist.
+1 wish I had a nice camera I cannot get any pics right now. Why is there no expert care-sheet for baby avic /tappy care on this site? It would cut down on losses due to lack of knowledge on care. I guess lot of Avics die due to lack of care, my A versi did fine til wet molt I had a tappy gigas that died it never seemed to thrive.

cold blood

Staff member

Fantastic time line pictures.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Forget everything I said btw, I misread, I thought you were talking about A.vericolor not A.metallica =P

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon

Perfect. That's the best answer I could be given. Pictures and all. Thank you