good heater that is easy on the heating bill

mattman

Arachnosquire
Well i am moving my collection out and i got a 30'by 15' shed. im looking to get a heater that is big enough to get the temperature of 80degrees. and i would preferably would like a thermastat on it.does anyone have any recommendations any suggestions will be helpfull.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is a pretty big shed to keep heated, especially in the winter.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Insulate. Gas heater with convection, fan forced, is always the most efficient until you move towards thermal mass which is very expensive to get into initially.

mattman

Arachnosquire
there is a closet in it i was going to put the mice in i would guess it is about 5'by10'

---------- Post added 12-19-2014 at 08:00 AM ----------

ill also be lining heat tape through the rack system

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I heat the bug room that's about 12'x12' with one of these http://www.mirageinfraredheaters.co...ter/cfu1500pxl-portable-quartz-heating-system , it adds about $30 to my bill and I have it set at 72. I'm set up for central air but it never has worked and I haven't cared because I use a wood stove to heat my home, works great. So I needed to get a heater for that room to keep it steady in there. If you can make contact with all your cages with heat tape or cable so that things could get next to the heated side, the radiant heat, you wouldn't need to get to 80 in the whole building imo. I see Ts, pedes and scorpions park right next to heat mats, so you don't have to heat the whole cage to a high temp imo/ime. I plan to get 95% of this stuff out of the house in another building too.

mattman

Arachnosquire
i got a pelonis electric radiator heater for $40 at walmart i plugged it in it was heating the whole living room within 30min

---------- Post added 12-21-2014 at 01:03 PM ----------

it should work great for the room its going in it is smaller than the living room