Help me! My chaco gold knee wont molt!

JeromeTabuzo

Arachnobaron
Hello guys , my chaco gold knee 2" has been in premolt since Nov 20 now its still not molting but my N.chroma ,C.Fasciatum , and vagans molted already... but why wont my chaco molt? it made a few webs though... i mist the container everyday i use cocopeat substrate.

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't mist everyday, and I would only slightly wet the area local to the t's molting spot. Also water dish full.
Otherwise just wait it out. Certain spiders take longer than others.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Do you really know when it's premolt? Most people guess, and then get impatient. If you're keeping it cool, that slows everything down.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Grammostola have much longer pre-molt times than most other species. What you are experiencing is typical

Neoza

Arachnobaron
When i say a T is in premolt, i dont look how often they eat, i look to the colors and the abdomen. Mostly im right though, the colors tell tou everything (they get darker and the abdomen gets a black spot)

Whaagh

Arachnosquire
I also have a G. Pulchripes, when I moved into my new flat (in april) it hadnt molted for about 4 months and took a extra 3 months before it molted again.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is the abdomen dark and plump? I had two .5" slings that went from mid-November to early April (Winter) without eating. They weren't in premolt, either, as they ate a couple times after ending their fasts before going into actual premolt. Once the weather warmed up, they molted three times each in the next four months. Also, premolt times differ from spider to spider; there's no set, consistent time for a tarantula to be in premolt. Try to be patient and and remember that it's a natural event that will happen when the spider is ready.

FaaFaa

Arachnopeon
This hobby is one that demands patience. Stop checking on the little guy everyday. That isn't helping things. I mist my little ones twice a week. The less you disturb them the better.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I know it's not pulchripes but still gramm, my rosea was in premolt/wouldn't eat for almost a year. They'll molt when they're ready. My laisadora sp. Juvie just molted after almost a month of premolt. Premolt times vary for a million different reasons. I was told not to mist, but to overflow the dish or pour water down the side or in corners for species that need more humidity. Overflowing the dish a little should suffice in your case. Misting might be disturbing it and so is checking every 3 minutes. Just calm down and leave it be for the most part and it'll happen :)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
This hobby is one that demands patience. Stop checking on the little guy everyday. That isn't helping things. I mist my little ones twice a week. The less you disturb them the better.
They'll molt when they're ready to. Why should we be pacing the floor over it? Molting is an incredibly stressful event for spiders as it is. Why add to it? They need to be left alone so they can focus on the task at hand.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
+1 mine are only a inch and refuse to grow. I had them for about 2 yrs only 1".. got them at 1/4". They outlived alot of the males that molted since then.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello guys , my chaco gold knee 2" has been in premolt since Nov 20 now its still not molting but my N.chroma ,C.Fasciatum , and vagans molted already... but why wont my chaco molt? it made a few webs though... i mist the container everyday i use cocopeat substrate.
SO? what's the rush??? Nature has no schedule, relax and enjoy. Those are all different species you can't compare them fairly.

JeromeTabuzo

Arachnobaron
Hey guys one of the chaco molted the other one still not so i have to wait a little bit more.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
SO? what's the rush??? Nature has no schedule, relax and enjoy. Those are all different species you can't compare them fairly.
No rush??? The OP's got things to do, people to see, dry cleaning to take in. He can't be sitting around waiting for his spider to molt! No slackers allowed, and that goes for the spiders too.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I bought a G. porteri that was in heavy premolt, I wanted to see it molt......I bought it about a month ago now, it is still in heavy premolt lol. I am not trying to rush things though, just waiting lol.

cold blood

Staff member
I bought a G. porteri that was in heavy premolt, I wanted to see it molt......I bought it about a month ago now, it is still in heavy premolt lol. I am not trying to rush things though, just waiting lol.
Not even Nostradamus himself could predict when that molt will come....could be tomorrow, could be a year from now.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am already thinking female, it is as big as my confirmed female, if not bigger already. The male I had had MUCH smaller chelicerae and carapace. Either it is a female or it will be a MASSIVE male lol.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Alright, everyone: Gather! Let's sing kumba-yah and help this guy!

Kidding aside - be patient! If this hobby teaches you one thing, it'll be that. :D