Your opinion on breeding loans

Sana

Arachnoprince
As I'm now pretty darn sure that I have a male g. pulchripes (molt picture is posted in the sexing gallery if you want to confirm or deny) I'm considering his love life long term. I've never attempted to breed a T before, so I have no experience with this side of the hobby. I would like to start breeding eventually, but I have to wait for some of my kids to grow up first.

As always, questions abound. I'm trying to work out in my mind if I would feel more confident in the process of a loan or if I would rather try to find a female to bring home for my little guy. I'm hoping for someone with experience who can shed some light on the pros and cons of breeding loans.

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
I currently have a MM T. stirmi from another member on these boards given to me in a breeding loan. Make sure you are doing a breeding loan with someone who is:
A. knowledgable when it comes to breeding as well as sexing and can guarantee the sex of the tarantula they will be breeding
B. is not just in it for the money and cares about the wellbeing of each and every one of the potential offspring
C. reliable and easy to reach at any time

Before you do a loan these are a few things you need to workout:
Date that the T will be shipped
Date that the T will be returned
What will happen in the event of a DOA or injury during shipping as well as injury or death resulting in the pairing
How the potential egg sack will be divided (usually 50/50)
At what stage the slings will be shipped (usually 2nd instar)
When updates on the breeding will be sent

Pros:
You can get tons of slings for free.
Great for experience.
Fun.

Cons:
Tons of little slings to carefor, keep track of, pack, and ship out.
The person you are doing the loan with could have bad communication.

When and if you breed. Make sure the slings go to good homes.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Either know the person well and have a friendship with them or they have to be a well known person in the hobby, if they aren't I don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It can be risky, you should be sure you know the person you are lending to first to make sure they have experience. However in the long run I believe it is very beneficial, once you have a mature male he is eventually going to die, it would be a shame if he didn't get a chance to mate