He pooped in the water dish!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Get used to it, you're going to see a lot of that as you get more spiders. I use disposable soufflé cups, 1 oz and 3 oz, buy the by the sleeve from restaurant supply stores. Beats scrubbing water bowls.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
That is an excellent idea actually. I hate scrubbing bowls.
So do I, and can you really get them that clean, since you have to either avoids soaps or be sure you remove any residue. I have enough maintenance to do with my spiders without being a toilet scrubber too.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
So do I, and can you really get them that clean, since you have to either avoids soaps or be sure you remove any residue. I have enough maintenance to do with my spiders without being a toilet scrubber too.
Agreed. And water deposits are hard to get off. I stopped using ceramic for that reason. Even changing the water and cleaning them regularly, they still showed up. Scrubbing tarantula poop off the glass is enough work for me. I'm gonna grab a bunch of little cups from work now.

cold blood

Staff member
Definitely poop! Distilled by the water quite a bit. You'd be waiting til my G. rosea molts again by the time those hatch. :tongue:
Water "distilled" the poop....how do you come to that conclusion?

The act of distillation applies to liquid....and it refers to purification by vaporizing it, then condensing it by cooling and collecting the resulting liquid....I don't think that occurs with doodoo.:)

Water would expand poop, break it down or even dissolve it...water couldn't just turn it to little pellets.

just sayin'.....

It could still be poo, I'm not discounting that entirely...Just doesn't look like any t poop I see in my enclosures...I see what smokehound714 describes.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Where is Hobo? He's usually right on these poop threads. :)

Looks like a poopy water bowl to me. Welcome to T keeping.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
are you sure thats not cricket eggs?
Yes, positive. Cricket eggs are very uniform, and they don't lay them in waterbowls. If anybody knows about spider crap in waterbowls, it's me. If I had a dollar for every one I've had over the years, I'd be retired in Hawai'i.

---------- Post added 12-23-2014 at 09:35 PM ----------

Where is Hobo? He's usually right on these poop threads.
Well, it's nice to have a specialty.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
My T's poopies do this sometimes. I like it better this way. My arms are less sore when there's less poop on the glass to scrub off. Thank the lord for curdled poop!

GG80

Arachnoknight
I think it's poo. My A.genic and L. p slings poo in their water dish all the time and it looks exactly like what's in the OPs picture. It's not possible that there are eggs in my slings bowls as I still feed them pre-killed crickets pieces.

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Water "distilled" the poop....how do you come to that conclusion?

The act of distillation applies to liquid....and it refers to purification by vaporizing it, then condensing it by cooling and collecting the resulting liquid....I don't think that occurs with doodoo.:)

Water would expand poop, break it down or even dissolve it...water couldn't just turn it to little pellets.

just sayin'.....

It could still be poo, I'm not discounting that entirely...Just doesn't look like any t poop I see in my enclosures...I see what smokehound714 describes.
Dilute not distill! Lol. Maybe a little distilled if there are dramatic fluctuations in temp on the micro climate in there.