anxiously waiting for a T to molt....

Methal

Arachnosquire
My OBT sling isn't 1 inch and I've had it for 2 months =(

P Miranda, also 1 inch, just webbed itself off half under a rock...maybe Christmas comes early? =D

Given up on the two brachies..... 2 year old will be on college before they molt....=(

and dont you emotional types worry, I'm feeding them every other day....

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm still waiting for at least 8 slings to molt, they have been in pre molt for a while now...

There are some supposed "fast growers" too that are still in premolt. I have been keeping them at a good 75-80F temp during the day and still nothing!

This is a hobby of patience for sure!

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
My LP FINALLY molted. I'm still waiting on my genic. So much for "growing like weeds". I feel like molasses moves faster than they're molting. Oh patience, where are you when I need you?

cold blood

Staff member
If you are that impatient in waiting...lol...just pick up another 20 or so, it'll keep ya occupied a little more. There's a reason some of us have rooms full of them.

Methal

Arachnosquire
If you are that impatient in waiting...lol...just pick up another 20 or so, it'll keep ya occupied a little more. There's a reason some of us have rooms full of them.
I'm getting there =D
My Wish List: (ready and wiling to pay reasonable prices for these btw.)

B. albiceps.
H. lividum.
P. metallica.
P. ornata
A. versicolor.
P. irminia.
H. maculata.
I. mira.
L. violaceopes.
H. darlingi

=) can never have enough.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm getting there =D

B. albiceps.
H. lividum.
P. metallica.
P. ornata
A. versicolor.
P. irminia.
H. maculata.
I. mira.
L. violaceopes.
H. darlingi

Actually half of those are on my wishlist too!!

We should start a T acquisition race ;)
If I visit my father and brother in Tooele next year we should meet up and you can show me your collection. Kinda curious to see your OBT that bit you :p

Pokie Master

Arachnosquire
I've had 3 different 2 1/2 inch p. Metallicas that are fat as can be and still haven't molted now in 2 months. And baby brachypelma's forget it. They are such slow growers.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Yeah I'm still getting there too. I'm sure I'll be at 20 in a few months. Come Monday I'll be at 14. My current wish list is getting smaller. Gotta add some more Ts to it now. I have mostly adults and juvies, so they don't molt much haha. I'll probably get an OBT sling in a few weeks.

cold blood

Staff member
I'm getting there =D

B. albiceps.
H. lividum.
P. metallica.
P. ornata
A. versicolor.
P. irminia.
H. maculata.
I. mira.
L. violaceopes.
H. darlingi

Nice, I have all but 3 of those. Get an albiceps that's over 1"....slowest growing sling EVER. 10 months, kept warm and offered food frequently...got it at 1/2", its a whopping 3/4" and has been in pre-molt for as long as 44 days and getting close to that again.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I'm getting there =D

B. albiceps.
H. lividum.
P. metallica.
P. ornata
A. versicolor.
P. irminia.
H. maculata.
I. mira.
L. violaceopes.
H. darlingi

I mira is on my list too. So pretty. Check out pseudohapalopus sp. Blue.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
hahahaha i feel your pain.. i hate how slow grammies grow.. but i got a pulchripes under the impression they grow like weeds.. in that same order i got an A.versi who are also slow growers.. the versi molted about a day later on arival and again the other day.. and the pulchripes... nope nothin :( gah what a pain.. pretty sure my 3" smithi molts faster then this little pulchripes XD

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I know the feeling, but after they finally molt, it is amazing to see how much the little sling has grown.

cold blood

Staff member
I know the feeling, but after they finally molt, it is amazing to see how much the little sling has grown.
Unless they don't. :( Then it just adds to the frustration. It took like 5 molts (and nearly a year)to get my albiceps from 1/2-3/4". Growth was virtually imperceptible. My vagans was the same way, but when it finally hit 3/4" it took off....at least by comparison. In the same time the slow growing vagans went from 1/3" to now 1.5".

By comparison my B. smithi went from just over an inch to nearly 4 in less then a year. I thought it was male by the growth, but last look it appears to be female.

Methal

Arachnosquire
Actually half of those are on my wishlist too!!

We should start a T acquisition race ;)
If I visit my father and brother in Tooele next year we should meet up and you can show me your collection. Kinda curious to see your OBT that bit you :p
I wouldn't say no to that =) I live in Pleasant Grove, but by next year (hope in 4 months) we'll be in our own house. Renting in an area famous for meth labs atm =/

I just removed the pupating uneaten worms out of that OBTs enclosure. Got it all set up in the bath tub with everything I thought I would need. She walked out of her enclosure, into the temporary one, and right back into her permanent enclosure like it was no big deal...no running, no threats, easy as pie, like she didn't have a worry in the world....

The whole time I was shaking I was so nervous.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
ive been anxiously waiting for my A. avic to molt!! he/she is taking the longest out of any of my Ts! also my G. rosea, ill probably be dead before my rosea molts! its also grown a bit of an attitude! last time I tried to fill the water dish it got on its back legs and stuck it fangs out! so much for rosea's being docile...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
ive been anxiously waiting for my A. avic to molt!! he/she is taking the longest out of any of my Ts! also my G. rosea, ill probably be dead before my rosea molts! its also grown a bit of an attitude! last time I tried to fill the water dish it got on its back legs and stuck it fangs out! so much for rosea's being docile...
Lol lucky. I wish my roseas showed a lil fight one girls premolt so heavy if i ddnt know better id think it was a small punchra with a red hugh (that dark lol) but wont pop nor eat its like "god just molt so you can get fat and then sudducted by the male!" But no shes in premolt and just looks at me and pray like were stupid xD only attitude iv gotten was other girl who reared at a roach kicking her palp and was a 1/2sec display lol -.-

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Lol lucky. I wish my roseas showed a lil fight one girls premolt so heavy if i ddnt know better id think it was a small punchra with a red hugh (that dark lol) but wont pop nor eat its like "god just molt so you can get fat and then sudducted by the male!" But no shes in premolt and just looks at me and pray like were stupid xD only attitude iv gotten was other girl who reared at a roach kicking her palp and was a 1/2sec display lol -.-
My rose molted a few months ago and gave me a kind of threat posture yesterday but like a half ___ one. It was almost exciting.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
My rose molted a few months ago and gave me a kind of threat posture yesterday but like a half ___ one. It was almost exciting.
Lol i wish i had a mean slow species. Even a mean lil rosue or even any grammy would be nice b4 i get ow Ts lol.. worst iv got from a T 2"+ is hairs kicked as i coaxed it in a catch cup..rest wasnt even halfhearted more like quarter hearted rears xc gosh i got such crummy luck lol

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Lol i wish i had a mean slow species. Even a mean lil rosue or even any grammy would be nice b4 i get ow Ts lol.. worst iv got from a T 2"+ is hairs kicked as i coaxed it in a catch cup..rest wasnt even halfhearted more like quarter hearted rears xc gosh i got such crummy luck lol
You could look for a mean rosie?. My genic bites the first 4 times I let it know I'm there but that's feeding response. I just pretend its mean lol. My e murinus and p irminia are pretty mean though. Aren't some brachys a little on the defensive end?

Methal

Arachnosquire
You could look for a mean rosie?. My genic bites the first 4 times I let it know I'm there but that's feeding response. I just pretend its mean lol. My e murinus and p irminia are pretty mean though. Aren't some brachys a little on the defensive end?
Dunno bout my brachys, but I've got an LP that is a mean beast!