M. Balfouri Sling gone missin....

Methal

Arachnosquire
Ok question....How do I go about finding an M. Balfouri sling? its just under 1 inch. I rehoused him last night, and this morning hes no where to be found!

I figured he went out and down and into the dark corner of something...any tips on quickly and safely locating it?

NM I found him...thank god for giant legos...Now gotta find a new enclosure...there are small slits in this one that I guess hes small enough to wriggle his way through. THough honestly they have got to be less than 1/3rd his body width.

Last edited:

Martin1975

Arachnoknight
Ok question....How do I go about finding an M. Balfouri sling? its just under 1 inch. I rehoused him last night, and this morning hes no where to be found!

I figured he went out and down and into the dark corner of something...any tips on quickly and safely locating it?
Hello
Had it left it's enclosure ? Or are you trying to locate it within the enclosure ? If inside the enclosure,it should be fine they are great burrowers and no need to stress. If outside,you have a slight problem I have seen my m.Balfouri display speed even if people don't think they are capable of it.

Methal

Arachnosquire
Hello
Had it left it's enclosure ? Or are you trying to locate it within the enclosure ? If inside the enclosure,it should be fine they are great burrowers and no need to stress. If outside,you have a slight problem I have seen my m.Balfouri display speed even if people don't think they are capable of it.
Yeah it had gone out, and down, and found a large lego to hide in...about 3 feet from his enclosure. got him back and into his old deli cup. gawd! lol I'd sell off my whole collection today if I had lost a 100.00 spider! either that or be wifeless lol

my wifes first question when I told her it got out "how long do you have to live after it bites??!!"

Martin1975

Arachnoknight
Yeah it had gone out, and down, and found a large lego to hide in...about 3 feet from his enclosure. got him back and into his old deli cup. gawd! lol I'd sell off my whole collection today if I had lost a 100.00 spider! either that or be wifeless lol

my wifes first question when I told her it got out "how long do you have to live after it bites??!!"
Haha !!! I can imagine the wife's face,so how fast was it ? I couldn't believe the first time I saw these ones run,amazing speed.

gizmosdeath

Arachnopeon
LOL! If you think that's bad try losing a 5+" pokie in your house, twice, and having to tell your wife. Fortunately I found both in the warmest room in the house. I was more worried about my dogs getting bit than anything. I learned my lesson well after that.

Methal

Arachnosquire
LOL! If you think that's bad try losing a 5+" pokie in your house, twice, and having to tell your wife. Fortunately I found both in the warmest room in the house. I was more worried about my dogs getting bit than anything. I learned my lesson well after that.
Learned it this time. Threw away the enclosure I had him/her in Its fit for a bout a 1ish inch sling to dig around in...Not fit for anything larger, yet a 1 inch sling can get out of it.

Now that I've got it back in its deli cup though, he wont do anything but huddle up in the corner. Must be depressed. I better cheer it up with a little prozac....or it seems some people would do =)

awiec

Arachnoprince
Learned it this time. Threw away the enclosure I had him/her in Its fit for a bout a 1ish inch sling to dig around in...Not fit for anything larger, yet a 1 inch sling can get out of it.

Now that I've got it back in its deli cup though, he wont do anything but huddle up in the corner. Must be depressed. I better cheer it up with a little prozac....or it seems some people would do =)
I have mine in an 16oz deli, I generally keep my slings in there until they are near 2 inches, never had a problem since they are deep enough to burrow or high enough for aboreals; plus you can make your own holes. If that is what its in anyway then it can stall in there for a few molts. My own m.balfouri is almost an inch and it's very comfortable in its deli.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Hopefully your answer was something to the effect of: "I'm not sure, but let's keep the car running just in case."

Last edited: