Rescue T id please

bigt0006

Arachnosquire
So i just rescued this T. The guy had 100 exotics and they all died except this T when he went off to jail just wondering what kind of T it is looks fuzzier then my rose hair but idk

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

bigt0006

Arachnosquire
Wasnt hopeing for anything crazy it just looks so much fuzzier then my adult male rose hair

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Looks like a rose
+1 g.rosea and a really pretty one at that!

---------- Post added 12-21-2014 at 06:43 PM ----------

It looks like its on pink sand,toss that and give it about 5 inches of dry coco or topsoil..

bigt0006

Arachnosquire
I kind of figured just wasnt sure. I need to set it up better. Theres no substrate and loose rocks guy had no idea what he was doing feel bad for it. Theres webbing in different spots its a bare bottom no sub at all i keep all my Ts on coco coir

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I kind of figured just wasnt sure. I need to set it up better. Theres no substrate and loose rocks guy had no idea what he was doing feel bad for it. Theres webbing in different spots its a bare bottom no sub at all i keep all my Ts on coco coir

That sucks..well its good that its in capable hands now. How long was it abandoned before you got it?

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
My female rose looks like this. Idk if it's rosea or porteri though. I'm still reading up on my taxonomy. Either way, both are " Chilean rose hair". God common names are awful sometimes haha.

---------- Post added 12-21-2014 at 07:57 PM ----------

+1 g.rosea and a really pretty one at that!

---------- Post added 12-21-2014 at 06:43 PM ----------

It looks like its on pink sand,toss that and give it about 5 inches of dry coco or topsoil..
Do you know the actual difference between porteri and rosea? I read that porteri is the ncf and real rosea is the rcf but sometimes they're referred to as rosea rcf meaning the normal color rosea is the one that most have. And ive seen porteri (labeled that way at least) and it looked nothing like rosea, it was like brownish grey with no pink carapace or very hard to see at least.

bigt0006

Arachnosquire
Im not sure how long ot was abandoned for. I was told somewhere around 4 months. Sad i couldnt save any of the reptiles he had that passed because he was an idiot. Yeah common names suck.
The only thing i know is that there different color forms ones pink and ones red

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Im not sure how long ot was abandoned for. I was told somewhere around 4 months. Sad i couldnt save any of the reptiles he had that passed because he was an idiot. Yeah common names suck.
The only thing i know is that there different color forms ones pink and ones red

Thats so sad :( yeah me too but I read that the color morphs are different species. So I have no clue. The one most people have is sold as g rosea but then what is porteri? It's just confusing lol.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
What color is your male? Idk if "fuzziness" makes a species different. Is porteri the ncf then? My girl looks exactly like this and was sold as rosea. But like I said, from what I'm reading rcf is rosea.

bigt0006

Arachnosquire
Ill post a pic in a second when i get a chance tp get to my room

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
So all the G roseas they sell in pet stores are technically porteri? Ok thanks for clarifying. I keep referring to my girl as rosea when apparently she's porteri

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Ok. And there is no rosea that looks like porteri? Rosea and porteri are just tossed around so much, it makes my brain hurt lol

assidreemz

Arachnosquire
^^^ I was thinking also it molted pretty recently. It does look like it's a ncf/porteri

EDIT: It also seems as though the OP may have a ncf male specimen sold as a "Grammostola rosea", as so many are.