Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 11-20

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 20+

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
I think I'll wait 20 and shoe box incubate. But would take any advise or criticism.

This poll is in reference to A. Avicularia thank you

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
depends on the species, as well as from what i've read, the temperature.
Right. Usually EW's at 30 days, may be 1st instars if kept warm. Hopefully they're not still eggs.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You really don't want to pull the sacs before the eggs hatch. Try to control yourself in the meantime, maybe keep busy with crossword puzzles.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
That's on the cool side, and may take longer.
40 days?? Probably right and longer to become gravid also. Id keep them warmer but, I need a humidifier and gotta pay a little bit of electric bill to run my heater(low on $$). Do humidifier's hurt home theater speakers/receivers??

I cannot sleep well when its too hot either.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
40 days?? Probably right and longer to become gravid also. Id keep them warmer but, I need a humidifier and gotta pay a little bit of electric bill to run my heater(low on $$). Do humidifier's hurt home theater speakers/receivers??

with a good quality one i woudlnt think so humidity in my house in the sumer is usually 80-90% thats without any subs or anything sitting out. but be sure to test it in another room first as iv had some "humidifiers" who literally made 8' puddles on the floor... nothing like having an $80 puddle maker... and then some are super great, like the ones with the fans supposedly work but i dont like them.. they are either loud or dont make me feel like its working [im part reptile anywho my room dont drop below 80deg and 50% arh]

i myself living in such a humid town i cheat i use natural humidity in spring n summer. and in winter i turn on a heater which makes it a lil dryer. but i keep the front lip of my fish tanks open so i have to fill the tanks up more.. but the plants and fish like the extra clean water XD

ps you can always do what my buddy in town does "hes too poor for a humidifier" and also keeps aquariums. fill up a bucket or tub/tote of water and leave it open.. fill as needed ;D also you can use that same water after 24hrs to fill up dishes and mist enclosures as it will be dechlorinated by then. :D

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Why would you need a humidifier?

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Why would you need a humidifier?
Because up north like where he lives,we use a lot of dessicating heat that brings the T room down to about 30- 35% RH.Flooding the water dish only raises it by less than10%.So that would take us to 40-45%,way too low for most T's to thrive.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I live about 1 hour south of him :). My winter humidity levels in my tarantula room are about 25%, and i pay pretty much no attention to them. The best thing to do is learn how to make ventholes in enclosures that dont let all the humidity out, and pour water down into one corner of the enclosure and let the bottom level of the enclosure soak it up. Tarantula enclosures dont need these massive amounts of vent holes like i see alot of people posting pictures of, even when they post pictures of their Avic enclosures. And when it comes to slings in vials, and small portion cups, stack those inside larger sterilite containers that have no vent holes. That will keep their humidity up. Any exo terras use plexi to cover the screen mostly or completely.
Because up north like where he lives,we use a lot of dessicating heat that brings the T room down to about 30- 35% RH.Flooding the water dish only raises it by less than10%.So that would take us to 40-45%,way too low for most T's to thrive.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Ok,I see.I use Herp Havens as nearly all mine are terrestrial,NW spiders(not all but most),I like the divider they have,and the have the same room as a 10gal.,without the height.I don't use plastic wrap or anything to cover them,I just keep the room at over 60% RH,and use water dishes to raise the RH in the cages,and for the stirmis and such,I flood part of their cage to get the proper humidity.As per Poecs advice,I no longer flood the water bowls themselves,I move them around to let the substrate under dry out.Two different means to an end,I 'spose.I should say that my T room is nearly underground,and there's no wild swings in temps or humidity once I got everything correct.