Isometrus maculatus in Hawaii

BittyKay

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

I know that I have not really kept scorpions in the past, but I have always admired them, especially stunners like Isometrus maculatus. I don't think that it has been in the hobby now for a while, but if so then feel free to say otherwise. In a few months my family and I are going to go to Hawaii for a week, and I came across some information that Isometrus maculatus was introduced there and is a non-native specie. Is there any possibility that I could further the hobby by bringing some back for maybe a breeding pair?

I'm asking because I don't know how commonly seen they are in Hawaii, or, even if found, they could be exported at all. I got the idea a while back when I saw a thread asking about the exportation of non-native centipedes, and that only native animals were prevented from exportation in Hawaii. However, I am not sure if it is a good idea, and would like your more experienced decisions to have a say. If this is not a wise endeavor, do not hesitate to say so, I only want to do what is beneficial for the community. :)

Bitty