Tips or experiences for P. cavimanus?

Experiment397

Arachnopeon
My local store has a bunch of cavimanus for sale and the guy told me they are like a slightly more aggressive emperor. Is this true? Any tips or experiences would be appreciated. Does anyone know if they are communal like the emps? I've been looking for a way to get back into scorps for a little while now and I think this may be it. I've had hadrurus, vaejovis, uroctonus(bred in a communal setup) and centruroides before. Not sure on exact species within the genus as it was multiple species collected everywhere from northern Cali to Az.

MountainGeckos

Arachnopeon
i keep cavimanus, they aren't as communal but it could be tried, i would say they are a very defensive species but i've had very defensive imperators. DEEP damp substrate is a must, they love to burrow. and keep the heat up around 80-85 if you can, they are more active that way. very easy to care for :)

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
they are quite a weird species! Its funny how bloody defensive they get! pretty ones but requiring supervision for mating!

Has anyone raised babies of this species? I wonder what instar its best to separate them before the possible cannibalistic/nasty traits start to come out

Experiment397

Arachnopeon
I bought one of the ones they had in the store during their Christmas sale. You guys are right! So defensive, way more so than my hadrurus I had- but very reluctant to sting. I still haven't seen it sting anything. I probably need to crank my heat up some more than- my tank is only about 75°F. It has about 3-4 inches of a shredded moss/coco fiber mix in a 2.5 gallon right now. I was thinking of moving it into a flatter sweater box like I keep my roaches in approx 24x14x6" so I could add some cross ventilation and because it doesn't seem to need much height.