Holiday package issues

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Anyone have any difficult times with their packages this holiday season? Heard ppl were stealing toooons of packages from front porches - anyone lose their Ts in the mail? Mine were delayed and not guaranteed overnight, so I kindly asked the dealer if they could be sent after Xmas.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is why most people don't place orders right before Christmas. Many dealers including kenthebugguy don't include LAG right now, even on orders with overnight shipping, and I can totally understand why. Delays occur very frequently this time of year, and to many people, it just isn't worth it.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
They follow the delivery trucks until they leave packages at their location and then the thieves make their move. it has been going on frequently here in nearby Dayton, oh. On top of that, what would thieves want with tarantulas? It seems like thieves will take anything that does not concern them.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know! It is so very bah humbug! I'm glad mine are coming late!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Ik some of the of herp sellers also wont lag.. some ik around here REFUSE to ship from 3rd week of nov to 1/7 for delay reasons..and those who refuse if u insist they make you agree on no guarentee (some even have a written email saved you must agree too, others call you and get a verbal agreement) on anything.. which would realy suck for those in the boonies who literally take 2days to recieve on overnight shipping

However i get my packages just fine and everyone says im in the gheto of my city xD only thing iv had missing in my male is what the mailman accedently gave to the house next door and they bring it over. Which usually happens durring rainny days (ig 36 & 38 look alike when wet or in a hurry lol)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I was going to place an order about a week ago and then was reminded it was almost x-mas...Its not worth the risk and it saved me a ton of money on shipping,because a week ago it was four ts..now I'm ordering 13 so patience deffinately worked in my favor on this one.

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My order won't ship until at least the 29th.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is why it is a good idea to require a signature.

I wonder what would happen if someone stole a package full of large OW Ts O_O

awiec

Arachnoprince

A whole lot of pain and probably a news story. I don't really order anything after the 17th and until the New Years just cause of the holiday season and my spare cash is usually gone from buying gifts for others. Otherwise I would order things as contrary to popular belief December is generally pretty balmy in my area; I've seen more green/wet Christmas than I've ever seen white.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince

Last 3 reptiles i ordered fedex signed for it w/o knocking tho.. some say "front door" other forged my name.. also im sure they wont argue if u get outa the car from behind them and say "yea i live here ill sign"

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last 3 reptiles i ordered fedex signed for it w/o knocking tho.. some say "front door" other forged my name.. also im sure they wont argue if u get outa the car from behind them and say "yea i live here ill sign"
Oh my this is pretty sad. I've never experienced this! Maybe it has to due with the carriers for your specific area?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Oh my this is pretty sad. I've never experienced this! Maybe it has to due with the carriers for your specific area?
Nope this is all over the US. we had a herp forum bring this up last year.. i typically know most my mailmen. But they give a greenhorn the delivery sometimes "its(the box) light and hardly out of your way, he gets boxes all the time and never complains ull be fine"... i had a snake in a box labeled live reptile and the fedex guy signed for it and left on porch in the snow.. luckily with good packing and a good heated enclosure ready he was fine.. this yr i had a normal box show up, no herps or Ts. Was ups and was supposed to sign for cuz was over 300 in merch. And the guy signed it with what looked like "B~-~-~" to make it look like i signed it..

some ppl dont care about the package, its not theirs and it got where its supposed to so they feel "iv already done what i payed for im not waiting for them to answer its hot/cold out" (had a fedex guy tell me this is how he felt on a signature order when i first started ordering live animals)

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
I sent a package out with five Ts in it on Tuesday (12/23). and it arrived to the other person on wensday (12/24). all the Ts were healthy and well. the overnight wasn't guaranteed, but I didn't forsee there being any issues because of how short of a distance it was going. the only difference there was with shipping this package, is that it arrived at 3:00pm the next day instead of 10:30 am like usual.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I received a package of 2 B. albopilosum on Christmas Eve. They travelled 385 miles, sent by special delivery before 1pm on 12/23 and arrived safely right on time.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I received a package of 2 B. albopilosum on Christmas Eve. They travelled 385 miles, sent by special delivery before 1pm on 12/23 and arrived safely right on time.
That made me feel a little better. This thread has me a little nervous about having a T shipped at the end of the month.