Nicole's Picture Thread (annanlove19)

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
Matthew (a. avic):

11.jpg

20150104_020522.jpg

(someone was dumb and forgot to take pictures while his terrarium was open before he went into the leaves shh I'll get good pictures one day)

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
Katie, A. genic, just a few minutes after molting:

20150108_150502.jpg

She's actually on top of her molt, god knows why. I'll take better pictures in a few days when she's hardened.

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
They suck the molts after molting to regain lost fluids.
Oh! Thanks for letting me know! That definitely looked like what s/he was doing but I wasn't sure why. Turns out I'm an idiot after all :p

ETA: there is water in her enclosure, in a small 16oz water bottle cap. Probably obvious, but it's not in any of the pictures, so I wanted to clarify. No dehydrating friends here ^_^

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
Matthew, A. avic:

matthew leg.jpg

See that pink bit? That's blurry? In the background?

It's a spider :D

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ETA: there is water in her enclosure, in a small 16oz water bottle cap. Probably obvious, but it's not in any of the pictures, so I wanted to clarify. No dehydrating friends here ^_^
Glad to help,she's gorgeous! I don't know why they don't drink their water after a molt instead of the actual molt, I do think maybe it's because they're too soft to walk to the water.

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
Brendan, B. vagans:

boop welcome home.jpg

I went to the shop to get crickets and roaches and came home with a new sling.

…oops.

Last edited:

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
You have a great collection of Tarantulas!
Aww, thank you!! I've only ben in the hobby for three and a half months or so, but my local reptile shop is so good, and I'm stuck at home with chronic illnesses so I have all the time in the world to read and research and watch, and the combination ends up with a lot of spiders xD But I am also broke so no more for a while :p

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Aww, thank you!! I've only ben in the hobby for three and a half months or so, but my local reptile shop is so good, and I'm stuck at home with chronic illnesses so I have all the time in the world to read and research and watch, and the combination ends up with a lot of spiders xD But I am also broke so no more for a while :p
haha I hear you, I have to budget myself monthly, cause' im always seeing something I want. But I like your choices in NW, I'm a NW fanatic, although it pertains more to the Theraphosa and Ephebopus sp. Check those out :)

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
haha I hear you, I have to budget myself monthly, cause' im always seeing something I want. But I like your choices in NW, I'm a NW fanatic, although it pertains more to the Theraphosa and Ephebopus sp. Check those out :)
dfhkh I really want a T. stirmi/T. blondi but I just don't have the resources. The space, the climate control, the money for their massive diets...one day though! I don't know much about Ephebopus, I'll have to look them up. My OBT is my first OW; I know it's a horrible decision but I wanted him so badly... xD At any rate, I feel prepared and capable: respect, confidence, and preparing for the worst, that's my motto :p

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
dfhkh I really want a T. stirmi/T. blondi but I just don't have the resources. The space, the climate control, the money for their massive diets...one day though! I don't know much about Ephebopus, I'll have to look them up. My OBT is my first OW; I know it's a horrible decision but I wanted him so badly... xD At any rate, I feel prepared and capable: respect, confidence, and preparing for the worst, that's my motto :p
As long as this motto does end up in you being lunch for your OBT :p.. Here's a photo of my Stirmi, and my E. Cyanognathus 1".

IMG_2893[1].jpg IMG_2657[1].jpg