MM h mac?

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I know this is an incredibly stupid question as I should be able to tell a MM but here goes. So I recently received 2 h macs. I haven't seen the one ever and I finally got a look at it during a rehouse. Well, I think it might be a MM but I really cannot tell because the pads on their legs and palps are so flat. I'm having trouble deciphering if it is indeed a mature male. Here are the best pics I can get, he's VERY flighty so I prefer to not disturb him. He's about 4.5 inches and very fuzzy. Looks much different than the other h mac, including the palps. HELP! Does this look like a MM to you guys??

20141226_183904-1.jpg 20141226_183847.jpg 20141226_183822.jpg

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
The male's shiny red emboli are very obvious, and that's what you look for, as 2 dozen genera of tarantulas don't have tibial spurs. It would be a good idea to spend some time with a book learning the basics, like the TKG.

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I know they dont have hooks. I wanted to make sure they were emboli and I wasn't blind or seeing things. Self doubt more than anything. Just his morphology told me MM, which is why I checked. This is my first MM and I've only seen one in person, it was an avic and its bulbous palps were far more obvious. Yep, time for a girlfriend. Hes very reclusive. Wish I saw him sooner because he was a freebie so idk when his ultimate molt was :(. I think it's time they invent tarantula speed dating.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Its hard to tell from the pics but he looks pretty fresh,if I had a mature female I would roll the dice on him..post an add for sale/or breeding loan!

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Its hard to tell from the pics but he looks pretty fresh,if I had a mature female I would roll the dice on him..post an add for sale/or breeding loan!
There was an exuvium in thr enclosure when I got him so yeah you're right he probably is fresh. I talked to a friend about him and the emboli but I figured more opinions are always better. I'm going to! Can't let my little man go without a life partner.

cold blood

Staff member
And that's how its done...I'll just take a few slings for my pimpin' efforts. :wink:

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
She is so pretty..... haha thanks for pimping out my male. We're hoping to work something out soon!