Rare/uncommon species

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Does anybody have any rare/uncommon species that most people don't have? If so would you mind posting a picture of them here (or a link to one)?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
well ig depends on your term of rare. some wold say m. balfouri is rare. to where others say its uncommon but not rare. but also your in canada. some sp are rare in canada but not in US or EU. to where some are super common in the US and uncommon in canada but semi rare in EU [like some Aphonopelmas]

i personally keep a Phormictopus Sp. purple. i dont see those around much [cant do pic atm at work and boss is here] and would love to have some more. but ig "rare" depends who you ask and where they are imo :p

Last edited:

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I have a black morph of Euathlus truculentus. Couldn't find almost anything about it when I googled it. Some german forum posts mentioning it but not much more. Don't have a pic atm but it's like the regular E.truculentus but the metallic green on its femurs and carapace only show in specific angles and the red shows less. Most of the time it just looks totally black. Yes, a more boring looking version.

Last edited:

Mariner1

Arachnosquire
I was going to say my M. balfouri is my rarest T. Although it seems you can find them almost everywhere now, prices are even starting to go down a little. When I get my H. himalayana I will reply again. :)

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Currently my rarest is probable my O. diamantinensis but on Wednesday I'm getting a C. perezmilesi and a N. sp "Guyana" both of which I've had difficulties finding info on so I guess they must be pretty rare too.

O. diamantinensis

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Probably my a ezendami although idk exactly how rare they are. I've been seeing them more often. Beautiful regardless. Sorry no pic. Mine is just a little tyke right now.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I was going to say my M. balfouri is my rarest T. Although it seems you can find them almost everywhere now, prices are even starting to go down a little.
These threads are always funny to see how people deceive what is "rare". The price on M. balfouri started dropping ten years ago ;) For this thread Thrixopelma sp. "Cajamarca" is the winner so far. I'll try to throw some pics up tonight when I get home.

Later, Tom

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
These threads are always funny to see how people deceive what is "rare". The price on M. balfouri started dropping ten years ago ;) For this thread Thrixopelma sp. "Cajamarca" is the winner so far. I'll try to throw some pics up tonight when I get home.

Later, Tom
M. Balfouri-Expensive, yes. Rare, no. Now, if you mentioned M. lambertoni, I would agree.

Tom, I would love to see your long list of rarities I know you have.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I would have have to go with my t.cyaneolum and p. so purple. Neither were really expensive but they are not in high demand which is a shame cause the former is a great newbie spider and the latter has a charming ferocity. I've kept a lot of oddball true spiders for sure, a few were local varients or undescribed but I don't have any pictures though.

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rarest tarantula I own would be my G. pulchra, that'll change tomorrow when I get my P. sazimai sling.

Tballs

Arachnopeon
Rarest T in my collection would have to be my 3.5" confirmed female Haplopelma Schmidti. I have yet to see another one in Canada. Also have anAvicularia minatrix mature female which is a fairly uncommon Avic.