Ms. Moxie's photo thread

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Going to start off with some pictures of my freshly molted Pamphobeteus sp. "Duran" juvenile.

IMG_8722.JPG
IMG_8737.JPG
IMG_8732.jpg

And my other Pamphobeteus sp. "Duran" who hasn't molted yet.

IMG_8749.jpg

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
tumblr_nhlbo7Otjg1tiveumo7_1280.jpg
tumblr_nhlbp2au6q1tiveumo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nhlbp2au6q1tiveumo7_1280.jpg

My Two Xenesthis immanis spiderlings. One's gone dark, and the other one looks to be in pre-molt too. Hoping they start to show adult colors next molt, but if not they still have a striking appearance. Very delicate, and all legs.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pictures moxie! My X immanis sling is about the same exact size and appearance as yours. They are hard to equate with other NW species, I assumed it was in premolt because of the large whitish abdomen.. But no, he/she still readily devours food....

Only time will tell. I wonder if they are getting close to adult coloration? Still, an interesting species. Mine loves moist sub, does yours?

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Nice pictures moxie! My X immanis sling is about the same exact size and appearance as yours. They are hard to equate with other NW species, I assumed it was in premolt because of the large whitish abdomen.. But no, he/she still readily devours food....

Only time will tell. I wonder if they are getting close to adult coloration? Still, an interesting species. Mine loves moist sub, does yours?
Yes, I keep both of mine on 3 inches of moist coir and they don't seem to have any aversions to it. Such as climbing the walls to avoid touching it. I'm keeping them the way I keep my Pamphos.

I'm assuming my second is in pre-molt because of how shiny the bum is, but I could be wrong. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I cannot make heads or tails of vent-sexing. I'm good with molts as long as they're 2.5"+, I can figure out male from female that way. But vent-sexing... I look at the male vs. female pics and squint for a few minutes before I give up. S/he is a very shy bug, I usually never get him/her up on the walls and if s/he is- it's in the corner. I did manage to get a picture today but I don't know how clear it is. There's dirt on the side of the enclosure that might mess it up. Also, picking him/her up and flipping him/her over would be a 'suicide' mission. S/he is the flick-iest tarantula I've ever encountered. S/he's even got my Pampho slings beat. I'd just end up with an itchy, blistered palm for my efforts.

IMG_9107.jpg

Here is the picture I got. I tried to sharpen it a little in photoshop to make the details stand out a bit more. It looks like rubbish to me, but then again I already admitted I've no idea what I'm looking for.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince

Pamphobeteus sp. "Duran", my second sling molted sometime during the night.

One of my Xenesthis immanis slings molted the other day, and it looks like it had a bit of a rough time. Damage to three of the legs. Worried for next molt, but it is moving around it's enclosure just fine.

It gained some of those red bum-hairs (yes that is the technical term, I googled it) and you can sort of make out the 'horn' pattern on the carapace. It's lighter in color than the rest of the carapace.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Nice Brachypelma emilia I'm jealous all mine are still 1/2 Inch and no color.it's hard to get a more much better looking than emilia
Thanks! I'd really like to breed her if she does indeed molt out to be female. I think she is close to being mature, if she isn't already.

Beautiful species, love the patterns.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
tumblr_nikyhcb6tX1tiveumo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nikyhcb6tX1tiveumo5_1280.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my Grammostola iheringi sling eating a cricket. I highly recommend getting one of these tarantulas if you don't already. Heck, get five!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The iheringi is the only Grammy I'd like to add at some point to my collection. Nice specimen there.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
The iheringi is the only Grammy I'd like to add at some point to my collection. Nice specimen there.
Thanks! I know your dislike of hair-kicking, and I have to say that I've never once witnessed mine kick. Not even during it's recent rehouse.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks! I know your dislike of hair-kicking, and I have to say that I've never once witnessed mine kick. Not even during it's recent rehouse.
Oh, dislike...well: I'm not fond of it when it happens. But truth be told: The only ones that do it are my B. auratum, B. boehmei and rarely (she rather bites :D) my A. geniculata. The latter is actually retreating to her burrow on disturbance the last couple weeks. I sense impending premolt...

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Grammostola pulchripes

A bunch of pictures I have saved of my G. pulchripes, sorted largest to smallest.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince

My second X. immanis molted the other day, and much more successfully than the first one. This looks like a completely clean molt, no extra exo on the legs at all. As soon as I added more water to the sphagnum, s/he came over for a drink. That's when I accidentally got a drop on the spider-- not that it seemed to mind at all. Didn't even flinch, just kept drinking. Molting is awful thirsty business.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Avicularia versicolor -- pre-molt and post-molt

The food is there because I wasn't aware they were about to burst.

---------- Post added 02-19-2015 at 08:38 PM ----------