Silicone Caulking

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
I need to purchase Silicone caulking to finish a custom enclosure for my Beardies. Although this one is not for spiders there may in the future be using this caulking on spider tanks, so I'm looking to kill 2 birds with one stone. What bands would you recommend? I am caulking tiles together in the beardie enclose while likely acrylic for spiders. Also how long does it take for caulking to safely cure enough to return Beardies to their encloser

horanjp

Arachnosquire
Any hardware silicone will do, its cheap and it will last til next time you need it, probably. Just make sure it's very dry and smell-free after you're done and you're golden. DON'T get a big caulking tube of the mess, you don't need that much and it will dry up on you in storage. Get a small re-sealable tube instead. Hope this helps.

xTimx

Arachnoknight
ONLY GET PURE SILICONE. and especially only get silicone that is aquarium safe for fish. seeing you live in ontario you'll have a home hardware in your town. go there and get pure silicone, it'll be clear. make sure you're doing Research. i know some silicone chaulking will leech out chemicals that stunt growth in animals and reproduction. the stuff i get from HH is this http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/i...t/_/N-ntlnpZ1z141s2/Ne-ntc74/R-I2034444?Num=0 (sorry for the long link)

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
ONLY GET PURE SILICONE. and especially only get silicone that is aquarium safe for fish. seeing you live in ontario you'll have a home hardware in your town. go there and get pure silicone, it'll be clear. make sure you're doing Research. i know some silicone chaulking will leech out chemicals that stunt growth in animals and reproduction. the stuff i get from HH is this http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/i...t/_/N-ntlnpZ1z141s2/Ne-ntc74/R-I2034444?Num=0 (sorry for the long link)
Perfect thank you

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for this Tim- hope you put up a new build thread in 2015!

xTimx

Arachnoknight
forget it. i'll be lucky if i can keep up on buying crickets for my Ts this year. but we'll see.