Exo terra Tanks

Psingletongolf

Arachnopeon
Does anyone use the small ones with the front opening doors? are they good, bad, any other recommendations? I seem to be able to find a few of these cheaper than an acrylic tank.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
They work very well for all sorts of things. If you plan on housing Ts in them then get some acrylic for the screen on top. They aren't great for ventilation so be careful but I have yet to have any problems with using these for avics.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ashton for Avic, did you put holes in the acrylic or not?

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
I have an Exo-terra Nano Tall that I tipped onto it's back. This is the step-by-step conversion thread I made for it.

So far, I quite like it. Good visibility, customizable ventilation*, and it's a great size. I like the orientation of the door opening from the top. Currently housing my sub-adult Brachypelma albopilosum it in. She seems to like it too. :)

*I have two Nanos, and the acrylic top I made in the guide above had vent holes big enough for an adult cricket to climb through. Quickly made a new one and swapped it out. With bone dry sub, it was easy to replace the "lid" with much smaller holes.