Keep Losing The Dwarfies?

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Hey Guys First Thread Iv Posted On Here :3 So Bare With Me And My Caps On Ever Word Its OCD And Habbit :( Well I Just Want To Ask A Quick Question Been In The Hobby 12 Years And Recently Started Like My C.elegans C.bertae (etc) And They All Keep Dying On Me! And I Lost 2 RFC OBT Slings !!! Im Getting Really Update By This, Can Anyone Help Thanks Guys ^.^
:laugh:

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 10:21 AM ----------

Oh And I Was Feeding Them on Micro Crickets And Fruitflys. Not The OBTs they Where On Small Crickets ;)

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Hey Guys First Thread Iv Posted On Here :3 So Bare With Me And My Caps On Ever Word Its OCD And Habbit :( Well I Just Want To Ask A Quick Question Been In The Hobby 12 Years And Recently Started Like My C.elegans C.bertae (etc) And They All Keep Dying On Me! And I Lost 2 RFC OBT Slings !!! Im Getting Really Update By This, Can Anyone Help Thanks Guys ^.^
:laugh:

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 10:21 AM ----------

Oh And I Was Feeding Them on Micro Crickets And Fruitflys. Not The OBTs they Where On Small Crickets ;)
what is the housing like, temperature, ventilation, humidity, substrate?

awiec

Arachnoprince
Well if you could make your sentences a little cleaner more people might be inclined to help, punctuation is your friend. You said you've been in the hobby for 12 years and have suddenly have had a mass die off of slings? I keep my slings a little more moist than their adult counterparts and most NW dwarfs prefer more moist conditions in general. As for your OBT's do they have water caps? How often were you feeding them, how big were they, what did they look like when they died and were there any strange behaviors from them? For my more prolific webbers I will drop a few drips of water on the web every so often as well.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Thanks Guys :3 They Where All In Vials I Misted Them Every Other Day The Temperature Was Around 39 Degresess And The OBTs Where WAY To Small For Water
Caps And Thanks Im Working On Making It A Bit Cleaner ;) The OBTs Did Have Some Strange Behaviors In The Way Of Running Round In Circles...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Thanks Guys :3 They Where All In Vials I Misted Them Every Other Day The Temperature Was Around 39 Degresess And The OBTs Where WAY To Small For Water
Caps And Thanks Im Working On Making It A Bit Cleaner ;) The OBTs Did Have Some Strange Behaviors In The Way Of Running Round In Circles...
You mean 29 degrees not 39 right?
And what do you use as sub?

awiec

Arachnoprince
I would suggest wetting the sub instead, misting does very little in keeping a good micro climate. As for water caps, mine get them when they are .5 inches and I've never had one drown. I'm a busy person and water caps or wetting the sub saves me time and worry, spraying every other day is excessive and may have lead your spiders to their demise. Also running in circles is nothing weird for obts, that's kinda what they do.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
HAHA! Yes I Mean 29C Sorry Nick :) And I Use Cocofiber Sub As With All My Inverts Apart From Mer Mantis's :3 And I Will Try That Awiec Would You Like A Picture Of The OBT's TO See What You Think Happend There Death Curl Was Extreamly Strange.

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
HAHA! Yes I Mean 29C Sorry Nick :) And I Use Cocofiber Sub As With All My Inverts Apart From Mer Mantis's :3 And I Will Try That Awiec Would You Like A Picture Of The OBT's TO See What You Think Happend There Death Curl Was Extreamly Strange.
I would definitely like to see, I could possibly offer an accurate opinion as well

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Living in the UK with naturally high humidity, why would you be misting every other day? Especially with a desert species like OBT :( The dwarfs can handle a little higher humidity levels, but no T can handle too much water in their environment. If your ventilation is poor, my guess is that over misting is the problem.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
I Meant I Misted The Dwarfs Every Other Day The OBT's Once A Week Only A Tiny Lil Bit In The Corner. And They Where Fine And Just Suddenly Died On me.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I Was Told To Mist Them Up In The Corner A Bit Like I Do With My Big Girl RFC OBT
A waterdish is more than enough. I have to be a little more generous with water as the winters here are very dry and cold, the UK as I understand is more humid.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
Thanks Brother

---------- Post added 01-10-2015 at 04:15 PM ----------

Ok Just I Have Like 5bags Of These Things Called Hydro Balls I Will Try Them In The Future Thanks For All Your Help Guys!!! :)

cold blood

Staff member
29 seems very warm...how are you heating them? This could be the problem.

What is the ventilation like exactly.

We already can see there is over misting going on, add poor ventilation and its a death trap...add heat and its a death camp.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Thanks Brother

---------- Post added 01-10-2015 at 04:15 PM ----------

Ok Just I Have Like 5bags Of These Things Called Hydro Balls I Will Try Them In The Future Thanks For All Your Help Guys!!! :)
No hydro balls, just a simple cap from a water or pop bottle, no need to make it complicated.

Chainsaw Reptiles

Arachnoknight
ok Thanks The Ventilation Was 4 Big Pin Holes In The Top Of The Vial My Reptile Room Is Very Warm So It Is Fine For All Of My Other 50ts Havent Had A Problem In The Past?