Found a source for cork bark that is SUPER nice!

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I used to order my cork bark from VanDykes taxidermy supplies and it was OK but it was just cork. Since getting back into bugs, went looking for some and the shipping on VanDykes was hella high so I found this shop with pieces of it and more reasonable shipping:

AirPlantShop
Bonus is you can also get some really nice plants for your enclosure there too so long as you don't house things that would eat them :wink:

So I got my first order a few days ago and HOLY COW is this stuff AWESOMELY NICE! Most of the pieces were covered in a thick growth of lichen - and though some of it was obviously dead I had one really large chunk that was covered with a grayish green lichen and after soaking it to clean it the stuff got really green. I rinsed off the bark and let is sit to drain overnight and the next morning the lichen was all plumped up and very much alive looking. Stuff looks gorgeous in my hisser tank but may not last too long as the little buggers apparently find it quite tasty.

Thought I would share my good find in case anyone else is in the market for some great cork bark.