...whoops

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL
I wonder what you'll pickup next time your getting crickets?

This is too common when picking up crickets.
Next time leave the wallet in the car.

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
LOL
I wonder what you'll pickup next time your getting crickets?

This is too common when picking up crickets.
Next time leave the wallet in the car.
B. albiceps

I have a cricket card, which is like a prepaid, buy in bulk card so I don't even have to bring my wallet with me at all. It might even work maybe! :p

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Chain LPS's tend to suck.. Im sorry but thats the truth. I've only met one LPS worker in my life who actually gave a crap about the animals they were selling and knew a thing or two. If your LPS is good then thats great! Congrats on the new T!

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There is one in my area that is pretty good. It's not a chain, it's a mom and pop type of place.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Wow, sounds like you are building quite a collection -- how many do you have now and how long have you been collecting?
Ts are addictive.

tisha

Arachnopeon
Did this one time, I was just buying worms and crickets, and an A. laeta sling went home with me. :)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
iv never done this with a T.. mainly because mine sells roseas and avic sp petstore [believe it or not petcos the better care provider of the two.. dif story dif day].. howeve ri have walked in for frozen rodents and walked out with a new breeder rodent as well XD i cant help it im a sucker for the cute ones without hoods XD

Last edited:

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
At least it happen when you originally went out for milk or something like that......I've been guilty of picking up a few critters from the mom and pop pet store next to the market.

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
There is one in my area that is pretty good. It's not a chain, it's a mom and pop type of place.
Yeah, so's this place. You can check them out here: http://jabberwockreptiles.com/ They don't sell online or anything, but they're super awesome. Yesterday they had two tortises wandering around and I got to hold a bearded dragon.

---------- Post added 01-12-2015 at 12:29 PM ----------

At least it happen when you originally went out for milk or something like that......I've been guilty of picking up a few critters from the mom and pop pet store next to the market.
Oh god I know it's next to the yarn shop like what do you expect of me I am only so strong and that is not very strong at all.

---------- Post added 01-12-2015 at 12:33 PM ----------

Wow, sounds like you are building quite a collection -- how many do you have now and how long have you been collecting?
Ts are addictive.
...okay well I WOULD have four but then I had the pet store rescue fiasco, which actually turned into me getting two of my favorite Ts (two rosies, which weren't even on my wish list, but they are just the bestest ever oh my god so much love :love:), so now I have seven. I have been collecting for exactly two months and one day, which isn't sooooo bad. Kind of. They're all terrestrials (except the rescue avic) and easy to care for and wonderful, so y'know, it's not like I actually got the OBT sling I was eyeing... :p But nah, I'm responsible species-wise. I might be acquiring quickly, but I'm staying within my abilities. Right now I'm having a Brachy obsession and want ALL THE BRACHYS but I promised my wife no more spiders until she goes back to Brazil, so no new friends until after the 26th andthenmaybetheb.albicepsslingattheLPS.........

awiec

Arachnoprince
I live 5 minutes from preuss's pets, usually the day ends with me or the bf taking home a new animal when all we went in for originally was RO water or crickets so I can sympathize. Happens a lot at reptile shows too, I just go in to get a new cage and bam some new spiders sneak out with me.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thing is, I only buy species that I'm looking to add to my collection. Right now I'm only interested in OW arboreals. I recently aquired a few pokies and an LV sling. A while back it was Avics, but I've got enough of those for now. I don't go around blowing money on random species. Which is probably a good thing.

annanlove19

Arachnosquire
Thing is, I only buy species that I'm looking to add to my collection. Right now I'm only interested in OW arboreals. I recently aquired a few pokies and an LV sling. A while back it was Avics, but I've got enough of those for now. I don't go around blowing money on random species. Which is probably a good thing.
Ahh see, me too, only I'm new so I don't have enough of anything yet! Right now I'm focusing on brachys and my LPS only has one I don't have yet (B. albiceps), though of course that could change. Once I've got all the cheap, easy-to-find ones, it should be easier to Just Say No :p