Blondi or stirmi?

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Which one is truly more impressive Blondi or stermi? I know blondi is more rare but as far as build goes are the equally?

Don't blondi and stirmi both have huge round carapaces?

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
They are so close in appearance,you can only tell them apart by close inspection of their knees.Stirmi are hardier in captivity,most would agree.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They are so close in appearance,you can only tell them apart by close inspection of their knees.Stirmi are hardier in captivity,most would agree.
Almost all of the Theraphosa in the US are stirmi; they're hardier and much easier to breed. Since the two are so similar, there's not much demand anymore for blondi. In fact, the main reason the name blondi even comes up these days is because people stumble across it in old books and articles.

The size of the two are similar, stirmi has bigger chelicerae. To me it's more impressive.

Last edited:

-=}GA']['OR{=-

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have had both. Imo blondi is heavier bodied. The abdomen of blondi is rounder and the carapace seems more rounded off. Stirmi puts me in mind of a cross between blondi and apophysis. It is very subtle but noticeable imo.